8. Partners vs Dulha

After the Haldi Ceremony was over and everyone left the hall. Imlie informed her team as they had more than enough time, and would adjust the set-up for the main ceremony, after taking an hour long lunch break. As her team members leave the hall, she stayed back. Closing her eyes she leans back on the pillar behind her and welcomes the silence. All the exhaustion from not sleeping properly the night before to today's adrenaline rush washes over her. She starts swaying and about to sink on the ground when she feels him steadying her.

Reluctantly she opened her tired eyes and met with his concerned ones. Making her sit on a chair nearby, opening a bottle of water, make her drink, then kneels in front of her and removes her shoes, and enquires - "Tum thik ho. Kya tabiyat theek nahi hai? Ghar jaake rest karna hai? Doctor ko bulaya? Kuch kahana hai? Mei isiliye mana kiya tha kal raat ko, waise sone se, par nahi, as usual tumhe apni manmani karni thi", (Are you feeling alright? Shall I call the doctor? Do you want to go home and rest? Are you hungry? For this reason last night I told you not to sleep like that. But when do you listen, as usual you will do what you please)

Hearing Aryan's rant Imlie couldn't help and starts giggling - "Offo!! ABP hum thik hai. Baas thori thakawat mehsoos ho rahi hai. Aur tum humka kahe bolat ho, kal raat, jab hum tumka thik se soo jaane ke khatir kahe tum kahan mane humri baat" (Offo!!! ABP, I'm okay. Just feeling little tired. And what are you cribbing about, when last night I requested you to go and sleep properly did you listen)

He got irritated that she could even think that he would leave her alone to sleep on that couch in such an uncomfortable position - "Achha tumhare hisab se mujhe kal raat tumko uss halat mein akela chorke apne bed pe aaram se soo chahiye tha. Have you lost your mind Imlie? Aur aab woh sab baat choro tumne abhi tak lunch ke liya kyun nahi gayi, tiffin kahan hai, car mei" (Have you lost it Imlie? How could I have left you in that condition, and went to the comfort of my bed. Anyways let it be. Now tell me why didn't you go for lunch, where is it, in the car)

"Haar ladki ko karna parta hai hum koi anokhe nahi hai" Then smiling sheepishly at him say - "Woh aaj... hum dono tiffin nahi layi" (Every woman does that, it's nothing special. And actually.... Both of us forgot to bring lunch)

"Paar hum Rathore's eisa nahi karne dete apne Partners ko. Aur aaj tiffin kyun nahi laye" (But we Rathore's don't let our Partners suffer alone. And why didn't we bring tiffin)

"Hum dono aapki wajah se nahi laye" (We didn't bring it because of you)

"Maine kya kiya" (What did I do?)

Hearing this, she makes an annoyed face - "Ka hai ki aap subha nashte ke wakhat bina soche samjhe Kakima aur Didi kaal raat ki baat bol diya. Phir khud hi sharma ke phast phorward mein nikal gaye. Toh hum ka kari uss wakhat. Mohan Kaka se tiffin lete yeh tumhare pichhe aate" (Because during breakfast in front of Kakima and Didi without thinking you confessed about last night, then realising the blunder, you left the room. What should I have done in that moment, asked Mohan Kaka to pack our lunch or follow you out)

"Maa waise aachanak puchi toh galti se nikal gaya" (Out of the blue Maa asked, so by mistake I blurted it out)

At the same moment Narmada and Arpita enter the hall with a lunchbox, but seeing Imlie's pale face, Narmada quickly hands it over to Aryan, enquires - "Imlie kya huya. Aru, kaha tha na, isski khayal rakhne ke liye. Kyun bechari se itna kaam karta hai". (Imlie, what happened? Aru, didn't I ordered you to take care of her? Why do you always make her work so hard?)

Aryan in irritation complains - "Maine kya kiya? Aur aapki Imlie koi bechari nahi hai, isse mera baat nahi sunna hai, baas aapni manmani karni hoti hai" (What did I do? Your Imlie isn't that hapless. She just won't listen to me, only do what she feels like)