5. Stolen Moments

Coming out from the shower, Imlie saw a charcoal grey suit and a black under-shirt was neatly laid on the bed with two boxes - one large and one tiny yet elegant; also accompanying them were two notes.

She picked up the first note, it read -

"Imlie, Aaj tum yeah suit pehnogi aur isske saath shoes bhi hai. Aur uss chote se box mein earrings hai jo tum except karogi mujhe koi bahana nahi sunna. Am I clear -ARYAN" (Imile, this is your outfit for today's function, and it comes with a pair of shoes. And that little box contains a pair of earrings, which you'll have to accept without any complain. I don't want any excuses. Am I clear -ARYAN)

She kept it, and picked up the second one and involuntarily she blushed - "Junglee, tum saab se phele apni mehndi mujhe dikhaogi -ABP" (Junglee, You'll show the mehndi first to me - ABP)

Putting aside both the notes, she got ready. Once she was dressed she put her hair in a messy updo and kohled her eye generously. Opening the shoebox she found a simple jet-black wedges and put them on. Then opened the tiny box, nestled inside it was an elegant pair of pearl teardrop earrings, with shaking hands she took them out and put them on. Turning to the mirror she looked at her reflection, but couldn't recognise the person staring back at her, gone the timid battered girl with exhausted sad eyes, in her place stood a young confident woman, glowing in an unknown glow with eyes sparkling like stars. The sound of a knock from somewhere broke her reverie. Startled, she looked around; when there was another knock on her door. Opening it, her breath stuck in her throat, there stood Aryan Singh Rathore in all his glory, as handsome as ever, in a fitted suit just like her, twinning with her in everything but shoes. It felt like today for the first time she was actually seeing him.

Aryan himself was mesmerized seeing this avatar of hers. Since last night he had tried to imagine her in business attire for an uncountable number of time but the real thing did no justice to his imagination. Gone was the child woman with doubtful and pain filled eyes, and there stood a confident young woman who was sure of herself eyes filled hope and a promise of future. Involuntarily he cupped her faced with his right hand and complemented - "You're looking gorgeous"

"You too" - she whispered back

After few minutes their trance broke, he quickly removed his hand, composed himself and teased her - "Toh mera artwork kaisa bana hai" (How is my artwork)

She composed herself and replied clearing her throat - "Khud hi dekh lo" and shows him her hands. (See for yourself)

Looking at her hand, he smirked proudly at his masterpiece, while she grumbles - "Itni khushi ki kono baat nahi, haan manat hai achi baani hai, lekin tum itna itrao nahi" (Don't be so happy. Yes, I agree it has come out beautifully, but don't behave like a proud peacock)

"I'm Aryan Singh Rathore haar kaam mein best rehna mera aadat hai. Waise rang kafi gehra chara hai" and wiggled his eyebrows at her (I'm Aryan Singh Rathore. It's my habit to be the best in everything I do. By the way it have taken a nice deep shade"

Though her cheeks got tinted pink, she couldn't help but quip - "Akarbagge agar tumka humri haath-o ko nihar na ho gaya ho, toh nashta karle, kaheki bhuok lagi hai aur hum late ho rahe hai" (Akarbagge, if you're done admiring my hands, then shall we go and have our breakfast, as I'm feeling hungry and we're getting late?

"Hmmm..Chalo" (Hmmm.... Let's go)

___________________________________________

Seeing both of them coming down for breakfast Narmada whisper to Arpita - "Arpi dekh inn dono ko. Ek saath kinte achche dikhte hai aur kitna kush bhi laag rahai hai. Aab tuhi bol mein kaise na chahu inn dono k ek saath ho" (Apri, look at them. Don't they make a beautiful pair? Now say, how can I not want them to be official couple)