Chapter 13

Louis sat on the couch with Liam. He frowned as Niall came into the living room to inform Liam that he was going to stay the night before promptly retreating back into Harrys room.

"Why is Harry crying?" Louis asked quietly. "This doesn't make any sense. I adopted Harry, you think he'd be so happy." Liam shrugged.

"It's been a high stress couple of days. Harrys probably just feeling everything all at once." Liam said. "Don't take it personally. And also maybe don't expect gratitude right away. Especially after you were so mean to him a couple days ago. Plus he almost died. Then he was sent back to the shelter." Liam listed.

"I get it." Louis said flatly. He crossed his arms. Louis knew that he had been an ass, he didn't need to be constantly reminded of it. Especially when he had already apologized.

"Hey. Pay attention to me." Zayn purred and pushed his way into Louis' arms, rubbing his cheek into Louis' jaw. Louis rose an eyebrow.

"What are you doing?" He asked. Zayn shrugged and hummed, wrapping his arms around Louis' neck and sliding down so he was straddling Louis on the couch.

"I just want some attention from my new master. Thats all" He grinned and leaned down, his mouth inches from Louis. Louis gently pushed Zayn off his lap.

"Stop." He said seriously. "Right now isn't the time for you to be all over me."

"Well then tell me the right time." Zayn winked. Louis sighed softly, shaking his head. He didn't need to be starting something serious and confusing with Zayn right now. Not that the hybrid wasn't attractive, Louis just felt like everything was crazy enough as it was.

"Zayn. Go in my room. Go watch tv or something." He told him.

Zayn hummed. "I'll go wait for you in your room. Do you want me to keep my pants on?" Zayn smirked.

"Zayn, I'm not going to fuck you." Louis told him. Zayn shrugged a bit,

"Sure. We'll see." He purred and let his tail brush over Louis' arm before he left down the hall.

Louis sighed and leaned back on the couch. He glanced over at Liam. There was a brief pause between them, unspoken words hanging in the air until Liam spoke.

"So, you finally adopted-"

"Why did you tell Niall about when I lived in a homeless shelter?" Louis cut Liam off, crossing his arms, looking down at the carpet.

"I'm sorry." Liam sighed. "Look, I didn't think he would throw it back like that...I told him a long time ago." Louis narrowed his eyes and set his jaw.

"So I just can't tell you anything, can I?" He muttered. How dare Liam tell Niall anything about Louis' past?! Louis wished he had never told Liam. He just wanted to forget about those two horrible years.

"Louis" Liam let out an exasperated sigh. "I didn't tell him to hurt you. Or to gossip"

"Then why, Liam?" Louis rolled his eyes. "Give me one good reason that you told him my most personal traumatic life experience?"

Liam sighed softly. "...He was afraid you were going to rape him if I left him alone with you." Liam said. "So I told him about what happened to you, and explained that you would never do that to someone else because you knew what it was like."

Louis frowned at that and was quiet for a minute. It was hard to keep his anger. He huffed. "People who were raped can still rape people." He said weakly, uncrossing his arms and leaning back into the couch, his anger dissipating as he thought of how badly Niall had been treated before Liam.

"He hates me." Louis groaned, rubbing his eyes with his palms

"He doesn't. Niall trusts you now. And he still likes you. Otherwise he wouldn't ask me to drop him off at your house when I go into work." Liam pointed out. "He was just stressed about Harry. He has a bit of anxiety about losing people that he cares about. His last best friend got really sick and died, and so he was on edge seeing Harry in the hospital."