Chapter 8

Louis barely slept the first night. He only passed out when he couldn't hold his head up anymore. The second night Louis slept a little easier and by the third night Harry was gone, Louis found himself able to sleep. Guilty and hating himself, but he was able to sleep.

Harry was gone for what felt like months, though in reality it had been a handful of days. The shelter didn't seem all that concerned when they came the first day to come pick Harry up again. They did leave a direct number to call in case Harry showed up again but they made no effort to try and find him themselves.

The police weren't much help either. They had other things to worry about. They only had really seemed concerned when they thought that Harry was going to be a threat. After Louis convinced them otherwise, they treated Harry like a lost pet. Low importance.

Louis, however was out every day. Each day he ventured out in his car a little further, calling for Harry and asking around his neighbors if they had seen him. He didn't understand how it was possible. Harry was a huge snake man, and there was no way he could be travelling around the suburbs without SOMEONE seeing him.

Louis frowned deeply as a thought struck him. What if Harry was caught? What if someone had captured him? Someone like the last owner Harry had that wanted to cut into him? What if Harry was in danger? Louis didn't think he could bear the idea that someone was hurting Harry. It would be all his fault.

Louis was sitting at home, holding a glass of wine. It was raining outside, which only made Louis feel worse. He hoped that Harry had found shelter of some kind. Surely he would have by now. He sniffled and sipped his wine with a shaky hand, trying not to think about it. After all, Louis had searched everywhere he could think of and he had no idea where Harry was. The darkness combined with the rain was going to make searching for Harry impossible. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard a crash coming from Harry room.

"Harry?!" Louis leapt to his feet and ran down to the hall. His heart was drumming in his ears. He ripped open Harrys door, expecting to see the large snake man. He frowned when he saw a raven haired cat hybrid, wet and shuddering from the rain.

"Who ... are you?" Louis asked and took a step back, cocking an eyebrow at the stranger.

"Are you Louis?" The cat hybrid shivered, dripping water on the floor. The window was open behind him. "Harry said....said you'd let me live here." The hybrid glanced at Louis with cautious brown eyes.

"Harry said that? You've seen Harry?" Louis asked, forgetting his fear and taking a step towards him. The hybrid moved back, letting out a warning hiss.

"Can I stay?" The hybrid asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Where did you see Harry? Do you know where he is?" Louis asked impatiently , ignoring his question.

"No." The hybrid shook his head. "Well, maybe I do. . .I just need a shower...maybe a hot meal to jog my memory?"

"Where is he?" Louis demanded, taking another step.

"I...I'll tell you for a shower and-"

"Tell me now!" Louis snapped a bit. The hybrid frowned and backed up, his ears going down.

"He said you were nice." The hybrid muttered softly, shaking his head. Louis rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"Fine. Go shower, I will make you something to eat." He said. He didn't have time for this cats games. He needed to find Harry.

"I'm Zayn." the hybrid muttered softly.

"Hi...Go shower and then tell me where Harry is." Louis crossed his arms. Zayn nodded and slinked out of the room, rushing into the bathroom.