Assaulting Love (REVISED)

Start from the beginning

E: Hey, what are you doing? Wanna go out with your bad girl friend? xx

M: You're okay with going out with the again Queen's grandson? :)

E: Save that for your grandma. I'll meet you at the shopping mall in 10 minutes!!

I put on some clothes and my snapback, I didn't have time to do my hair nor take a shower. Grabbing a banana, I left the house and waved at a cab, which drove me to the mall.

I got there and started walking by some stores, including the candy store, to which I bought a lemon lollipop and sat down on one of the benches, sucking it and waiting for Esther.

"Hello." I heard a whisper in my ear and I got up and, turning around, I tried to punch her arm. "Dammit Mitch!!" she grabbed my arm, stopping me from punching her.

"I didn't know you robbed during the day." I laughed and she showed me her tongue. "How are you?" I asked and she nodded.

"You look kinda down." she said and I gave her a bored look. "Sorry. How's your grandma?"

"She's a bit better." I smiled. "The fucking house is a bore, but at least Jake isn't there anymore. They didn't find his body, but the TV still announced the funeral." I said, throwing away the lollipop stick. "How's things in the house?"

"Tense. There's no life, there's no laughs. He barely stays at home now." I immediately thought of Scott as a boy-whore, one who fucks every boy around. But I was wrong. "He already brought millions of dollars into the house. His robberies last until dawn. He has changed," I lowered my head and bit my lip. "He misses you, Mitch." I rolled my eyes and looked at her.

"If he wanted to be with me, he still has my number. Not to mention he'd believe me and not that bitch Dice. I don't even care about the sex, Scott was basically raped but of course Dice won't say a word about it." I walked towards the ice cream store and asked for one. "If he misses me, imagine how I miss him." she smiled.

"You two are completely in love." I laughed. "But he's gonna wait until you speak up. Scott's extremely proud of himself and he won't lower his guard to anyone." I heard her words and thought of what he might have been doing that exact moment.

We ate, we talked, we shopped for loads of clothes. And yet, the thought of Scott wouldn't leave my head. Was he proud enough not to come talk to me and apologize? But I loved him so much, I was willing to do anything for him.

We left the shopping mall and I called an Uber.

"When will you return?" she asked.

"I won't."

"Yeah, you will."

"I don't know, Esther..."

"You love him and I don't even need an answer to prove it!" Esther kissed my cheek. "I'll see you when I see you." she smiled. I quickly entered my Uber and they left me on Starbucks, I needed it.

I asked for a Chai Latte. There were so many people there blocking the way, but I decided to go anyway. But then, when I was walking towards a table, I immediately fell on the floor, my Latte all over my shirt and a guy on top of me.

"I'm sorry, I knew I shouldn't have passed here." I said while he helped me get up. He immediately adjusted his beanie and I adjusted my snapback, trying to clean my shirt.

"It was my fault!! I should've seen you." he said, holding my hand and pulling me to get up. "I'm Troye. Do you need..."

"No, I'm fine, I'm just... kinda sweet right now." he laughed at my unfunny joke. How cute. "I'm Mitch, by the way."

"I know who you are." he said and I laughed, obviously he knew. Who doesn't. "I can take you home on my motorcycle. It's the least I can do after I basically ruined your Versace." And he knew the brand of my shirt?! I liked him already. And he was cute as fuck, not gonna lie. I nodded and we walked towards his motorcycle, hopping on it after he did. "Hold on tight, Mitch." he said and I held the back of the motorcycle for balance. I didn't want much touching, I didn't even know the guy.

And then... I remembered how it was to drive with Scott. Fucking hell, stupid tears streaming down my face again. In a few minutes, we arrived and I hopped off, wiping my tears.

"Did something happen?" he asked.

"No, nothing. Thanks for the ride. Maybe we can see each other without Latte all over me." we laughed.

"Of course, whenever you want." Curious how he still hasn't referred to me as "prince" or "Queen's grandson", which made me a bit happy. "I'll see you." he waved at me and I waved back. Then he left.

Cool guy.

I entered the house and ran to my room, taking my shirt off while running. I started checking myself in the mirror: I was a mess. I had a giant bruise on my hip from that night in the club, that monster Travis. But, every time I checked myself in the mirror, I'd always remember how Scott would hug me from behind and tell me how beautiful I was and how much he liked me. Crying was inevitable, at this point.

Fuck, I miss him so fucking much.

******

It was 11.13pm and sleep still hadn't arrived, I was so unused to the timetable of this place. There, I had my own timetable and I followed no rules.

I decided to leave the house and walk towards the nearest gas station, buying a bag of gluten-free chips. It was so weird, everyone was staring at me: well, I was wearing sunglasses at night. But it was only because I wanted to hide my bags and my obviously dry eyes, from crying so hard.

When I got back home, I was still bored as fuck. I then decided to do another crazy thing, which was take the BMW and go drive around town, trying to forget everything I lived during the time I was with Scott. I left a note on the coffee table and I left, heading towards the garage.

I got on the black BMW and I drove, drove and drove.

I was pretty far away by now and, all of the sudden, a song by that band Rick's son is in started playing on the radio. It was a beautiful song, called Run to You.

Fuck, what was the name of the fucking band?

I decided to park the car and listen to the song, trying hard not to cry. How fucking relatable. But the moment was instantly ruined when I hear someone entering the car on the passenger's seat, with a gun on their hand.

"GET OUT OF THE CAR NOW AND NOBODY GETS HURT!" I felt the gun on my head, I was ready to punch him. But I recognized that voice, I would always recognize that voice.

"Scott?!" I said and he pulled his mask up.

"Mitch?!" he said and we went silence, and the only sound was from Run to You , which seemed to enter our ears like crazy.