Chapter 13: The Real Me

Start from the beginning

.

"All I'm saying, Jungkook, is that she's not letting go of you and she needs to move on," I tried my best not to sound like a jealous boyfriend but a concerned individual of the emotional needs of someone who was hurting.

.

"Jimin, Barbara and I are friends. She's moved on and started dating again. Haven't we been going out with her? Didn't we double date (DD) with Barbara and a dude a few weeks ago?"

.

Jungkook was hearing but not listening. Plus he was seeing but not observing. "The guy's name was Brad by the way but did you really look at her at the movies?"

.

"You're my boyfriend. Why would I be looking at her?"

.

"Because her eyes were either fixed on you or our connections and not on her date. Jungkook, she's still in love with you."

.

"Ugh! Not this again. Jimin... Barbara is not in love with me."

.

"Yes she is."

.

"No she isn't."

.

"Yes! She is! And I can prove it."

.

"HA! Okay then, show me," and he waited with a frustrated look on his face.

.

I took out my phone, "Barbara is on Facebook. You guys are friends there. You message each other. Correct?"

.

He nodded, "Yeah, but..."

.

I put up my hand and he got quiet, looking at me with a silly expression on his face.

.

I continued to explain, "She sent me a friend request which I accepted. But she has never sent me anything. Not mentioning me on any of her posts."

.

"Well maybe she hasn't gotten comfortable with you yet," he shrugged his shoulders.

.

"I think it's because she wants me to see that her messages are only for you."

.

"What? That's not true Jimin."

.

He doubted but I showed him, "Look, I'm going to her fb page. Let's look at all of her posts in the last few weeks."

.

Jungkook looked at me puzzled, "People do that: look at other's people's home pages like this?"

.

"Yup all the time. That way you'll know if you have a psycho or love-struck ex-girlfriend who only sends messages for you." He laughed but I showed him, "Jungkook, Barbara is a very beautiful, gorgeous girl and she has thousands of friends, male and female. Yet look at her posts. Only one person tagged in them." I looked at him. "YOU!"

.

"Ah that's not true. I'm sure she wrote something for other people too."

.

"My daft sweet wonderful boy. Nope. Look. Let's look at her history. Every day she's posted something with only your name tagged. Now you may think that's okay, it's just one post but some days it's more than one but not only that. Look at what she's posting. Memories of you two together. But that's not all, even if the memory isn't about the two of you, she finds a way to connect it to you. Look at this. A cute ducky. Nice but look at her caption, 'Hey Kookie, remember that time when we fed the ducks in the park? So cute.'