16. Lets go

"I warned you that if you just touched her, I kill you!" Kol was wearing a vampire face. His eyes turned black, his dark veins ran underneath them, and his fangs were outside, too. Within a second, Rebekah, Klaus, and Elijah vamped into the room.

"You owe me fifty," said a smiling Klaus.

"No, it was exactly 35 seconds." Rebekah defended herself.

"Not at all, little sister, it was exactly 29 seconds." It was opposed by Klaus.

"We'll sort that out later. Now we have to hold our brother before he rips the heart out of elder Salvatore right in front of Elena." Elijah interrupted their argument.

"Come on Elijah, you're just disappointed because you lost. I understand that brother. You can't win every day." Klaus tapped him on the shoulder.

"Will anyone tell me what's going on here? Wait, you bet?" A surprised Elena asked.

"Exactly. We wondered how long it would take for Kol to invade and want to kill him. And I won." Rebekah looked at Klaus.

"Not a chance, dear sister." Klaus said.

"Enough of you two. Kol, put him down." Elijah said.

"I warned him." Kol said, still with his fangs out.

"Yes, we know. But you also know what it would do to Elena if you would kill him now." Elijah tried to persuade him.

"If that's the problem, I can kill him." Klaus spoke up more than enthusiastically.

"No one is going to kill anyone here tonight. Except maybe our mother." Elijah said.

"Kol." Elena finally spoke up and came closer to him and put her hand on his back. Kol visibly calmed down under her touch, hanging his shoulders down and withdrawing his hand, so Damon fell to the ground.

"Such a shame." Klaus said.

"Mr. Salvatore, I think Miss Gilbert will no longer need your help or protection. From now on, I and my siblings take on this role. You can leave." Elijah said politely, pointing at the door.

"What did they do to you Elena?"

"We didn't do anything to her you little bloody ..."

"Kol." He was stopped by Elijah.

"Come on, did you have to stop him right now?" Klaus complained.

"Damon, they didn't do anything to me. And I know that ...."Elena looked at all four Originals. "Elijah is right. You should go." Elena said, and she stood beside Kol and looked at him, but he didn't take his eyes off Damon.

"What happened to you when you were at the witchbitch's room?"

"Bloody language. Only we can talk about our dear soon-dead mother like that." Klaus said.

"Nothing happened with Esther. But you're right Damon, something really happened to me today. Or rather, in the last three weeks. And it was the best three weeks of my life." And she looked again at Kol, who had now taken his eyes off Damon for the first time and looked at the girl next to him. At the girl he fell in love with thousands of years ago. At a girl who could make him laugh like no one else. A girl he could talk to for hours and there was always something to talk about. At a girl who was not afraid of his magic but admired it. At the girl who was suppose to become his wife one day. At the girl he lost when he became a monster. The girl he had been looking for for the first hundred years of his vampire life until he realized she was gone. At the girl who, after a thousand years, stood next to him again, alive and healthy, offering him new live. A life he has already lost once. But now he got a second chance, and it's all because of her. And he will definitely not let anyone take it from him again.

"I think you can see that dear Elena has made up her mind. It's time for you to move on with your life, dear friend." Elijah pointed to the door.

"When you need help and they don't give it to you, don't come to me crying."

Kol almost jump for Damon again, but Elena quickly stepped in front him. "Go Damon. And take Stefan with you." Elena said, but she didn't turn to him. She guarded Kol so that he wouldn't occasionally jump on him again. Then she heard footsteps moving away and the door slamming.

"And I was already hoping for some blood." Klaus sighed.

"Not yet, brother. We'll leave that to someone else." Elijah smiled at his younger brother.

"You're right Elijah. We're going to leave the bloody fight on someone who's really worth it." Klaus was smiling now with his devilish eyes.

"Excellent. Now that we've all agreed, can we go visit our mother and brother? Surely they are already demanding answers as to why the spell didnt work. Sister?" He looked at Rebekah and offered her his arm.

"Thank you, Elijah." Rebekah smiled at him, hung up on him, and together they stepped out of the room. Klaus immediately followed them. Kol was still looking at Elena, and now he was finally smiling at her when Damon was gone.

"Darling, may I accompany you to my mother?" And he also offered her a frame.

"While I can't say that seeing your mother again doesn't scare me at all, especially after I stopped her from killing you all. It will be a pleasure for me, especially if you are there with me." And she also hung up in him.

Kol approached her, so he was now only a few inches away from her face, looking directly into her eyes.

"She won't even touch you. None of us will allow that." Then he kissed her on the forehead and smiled at her before they stepped up behind his siblings. He knew that if he kissed her on the lips, he would not be able to stop for a long time. He had to control himself a lot not to do it. And Elena wasn't far from it either. She fell in love with this Original when he was still human, a witch. And when he learned about the cure and that he could practice magic again, Elena knew that at that moment Kol was decided. Kol she knew thousands years ago will soon return to her.

As Elena walked past all the people, she saw Caroline looking at her confused, she also noticed Stefan standing at the door watching her. But Elena just shook her head at him to not do anything. She hadn't seen Damon anywhere. She hoped he had already left.

A few minutes later they went up to the first floor and stood in front of Esther's room, where Elena had already been that evening.

"Can you hear anything?" She now asked the four Originals standing in front of the door.

"Mother is still blocking all sound from her room." Elijah answered her.

"So we don't know if she's there. And Finn, too?"

"No. But they weren't anywhere down there among the guests, and I can't hear them anywhere up here."

"So what bloody hell are we waiting for? Let's go." Klaus said and kicked out the door.

"He could have just opened the bloody door normally, too." Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"And then where would the fun be?" Klaus asked incomprehensibly, smiled at his sister and walked in.

Elijah, Rebekah and Kol followed him. Elena was just behind Kol.