3. Rebekah, Henrik, Kol

When Elena reached the river, she heard voices. She came closer and saw a girl and a little boy playing in the water.

"It's not fair, wait till I tell Mom Rebekah!" The boy complained. He was smaller than the girl, as Elena found out now, it was Rebekah Mikaelson. The boy had brown shoulder-length hair and looked like Finn and Kol. Although she only saw them at the ball for a moment, she remembered Mikaelson's other siblings.

"Come on, you started it Henrik." Rebekah said with a laugh, spraying her younger brother with water from a river. Henrik. Rebekah mentioned him. It was his death that led Esther to turn her children into bloodthirsty monsters longing for human blood, and it also triggered Klaus's transformation into a werewolf for the first time.

Now that Elena was watching Rebekah laughs, not knowing that her human life will be taken away from her soon, she felt sorry for her, really sorry. Here Rebekah was an innocent girl enjoying time with her little brother. Elena knew she couldn't stand there forever. She took several deep breaths and took those few steps toward the river. Rebekah noticed her at that moment.

Elena smiled at her. Rebekah immediately returned her smile.

"Hello." Rebekah said, walking toward Elena.

"Hello." Elena said, still smiling.

"Who are you? I don't know you. "

"I'm Elena. I live with Ayana now. "

"Ah, I didn't know Ayana had a visitor."

"I arrived late last night. Everyone was already asleep. "

"All right then. And how do you know Ayana? "Rebekah kept asking. It was weird talking to her like that, well, nice. No one threatened anyone, no one was rude or sarcastic. It was just weird, but.... pleasant. For once ti was a nice change.

"My parents were close with Ayana. But they died and they once told me that if anything happen to them, Ayana would take care of me. That's why I came here. "

"I am so sorry for you loss. But I hope you enjoy it here." Rebekah said hopefully.

"Well, I met you, so I think for sure." Elena smiled and meant it. She wanted to try to be Rebekah's friend, fix what she had done to her.

Rebekah returned her smile.

"Um, uh." Someone said beside them.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Elena, this is my younger brother Henrik. "And she pointed to the boy beside her.

"Hi, Henrik."

"Hi Elena, so you live with us in the village now?" Henrik asked happily.

"Yes, I live with Ayana."

"That's great, so you're only five houses away from us."

"Really? That's great. "And she looked back at Rebekah.

"Wait, there are three of us now, so we can play hide and seek. Do you know this game Elena? "Henrik asked me.

"Yes I know."

"Wait, Henrik. We have to take the water to our mother, and I see that you too came here for water. "Rebekah nodded toward Elena's bucket next to her, where she had it.

"Yes. Ayana sent me for water. "

"Our mother sent us, we should go back too."

"Not yet." Henrik complained.

"We can come back here later." Elena suggested, and at that moment Henrik's eyes lit up again.

"Yes. Rebekah, please. "Henrik begged.