Chapter XVII: Stupid Jealousy

Slowly interlacing their fingers underneath the table, the husbands bite their lower lip trying to hide the wide smile that is trying to come out as they tried not to look like fools while mrs. lee is asking them about updates on their works and of course their married life.

It's not that bad to smile from ear-to-ear but it would create a somehow awkward atmosphere because the tanned male's mom is quite serious at the moment.

Kinda like formal meeting but make it family version.

And of course, that action didn't go unnoticed by daeun as she gasps seeing the husbands' holding-hands situation under the table making all of the peoples' attention inside their house goes to her.

Mrs. Lee furrowed her brows on the female and glance at the couples' interlocked hands "What's wrong with them holding hands daeun?" she asked curiously earning a head shake from the girl

"None mom, it's just..." she responded glancing at the tanned male who is smiling toothless at her "Let's talk later." daeun mouthed silently on donghyuck who nods at her in agreement

Don't get her wrong, daeun is just flabbergasted to what is happening because the last time mark and donghyuck came to meet their parents, the two of them is in very bad terms.

It's like apples and oranges if you're going to ask.

"Why do you need to hide your hands by the way? It's not like your relationship is forbidden for you to do that." the woman commented "Or you just want to get back in your teenage years?" she said narrowing her eyes playfully

Mark chuckled and squeeze the younger's hand "You're just too serious mom."

"Am I?"

"Feels like you're going to give us some kind of sermons any second from now." donghyuck said now all of their attention were at him

Mrs. Lee let out a giggle and shakes her head "Of course not! Why would I scold full grown adults my son? I'm sorry your mom is just stressed these past weeks... You know business and everything." she recounted shrugging her shoulders then her attention goes to the tanned male's older sister who is peacefully munching her food "By the way my daughter... Is it true?"

Daeun's forehead creased on her mom's last question "What is true?"

"That you hire a house cleaner for this two?" the woman asked taking a glance on the husbands

Donghyuck's older sister looked at the couple and her jaw drop seeing the reaction coming from the husbands.

Their smiles were subtle yet their eyes speaks so much for them.

And it makes daeun very intrigued.

"Yes mom... Daeun noona hired a cleaning person for us." donghyuck answered with such a brightness very evident in his tone

Just the simple thoughts about renjun makes mark and donghyuck's heart sing in delight.

But of course, the former doesn't know about it yet because he's an oblivious dummy that wants to act cold to everyone as if it makes him the coolest person to exist.

"Are you that busy?" mrs. lee asked in confusion

"Yup, we are..." the tanned male responded once again winking at daeun who gave him a look of disbelief

°°°

While donghyuck was busy arranging the plates on the organizer, he felt a light hit on his shoulders and smile turning back seeing his older sister squinting its eyes on him in skeptical manner.