But I continued to care for her mother and sister even after what she did. I just cut her off.

After going through hell and back because of her, I realised that it's not blood that makes family. But its love.

Charlotte and Mrs Hart loved me enough to be there for me. To check on me and try and help me out from the rock bottom that I'd hit.

They left everything they were doing when they heard that I was in an accident when I was drunk driving and been there since. They are my family not Elizabeth." I tell her.

She nods in my arms.

We lay on the bed and begin planning the next day.

I fall asleep right after.

I always somehow manage to awaken right before her, the large window welcomes sunlight that dances on her face .

I stare at her. Tracing the bumps and curves of her stunning face. This woman has pulled something in me. Something that I dont want to be put back to place.

She is a really heavy sleeper sometimes. I play with her hair until she finally wakes up. Her brown eyes look up at me and I immediately find solace.

"Morning. " she says snuggling into my neck.

I chuckle.

"Morning." My raspy voice says.

"I'm going to prepare breakfast. Do you want to lend a hand?" She asks.

I nod.

Man I'm whipped. This isn't normal behaviour for me.

We head downstairs. Knowing the residence of this house, they are probably not awake by now.

Gem wears my black oversized hoodie and it reaches her mid thigh with her own shorts. Although if you ask me they are barely visible.

She looks bomb!

We head downstairs and both halt in our steps.

Elizabeth is in my kitchen. It takes moments for the events of yesterday to replay.

I scowl but Gem hits my arm and I straighten my face.

"Oh morning you guys!" She chimes and I almost gag at her tone. It's too fake.

"Good morning. " she says looking surprised.

"I made cookies for everyone as a thank you for letting me stay." She continues.

Moments later Charlotte walks down in a black pencil skirt and a white blouse, with Ethan in her arms in his day care uniform.

"Hey. Are you going somewhere?" I ask her. She smiles at me.

"Yes I am." She says putting Ethan on the  barstool next to me and brushing his hair.

"Morning my sister." Elizabeth greets.

"Hello daddy." Ethan says.

"Hi buddy. How are you?" I ask ruffling his hair. Which earns me a playful glare from Char.

"Where are you going Char?" I ask.

Elizabeth slides cookies infront of us. And she tells us to eat.

"Please have some." She says.

"I have an interview for an internship." Charlie says.

And I nod.

Gem picks up a cookie and eats it.

"Why are you leaving so early then?" I ask and she smiles.

"Well since no one made breakfast, I have to go get some from McDonald's.  Not that I mind though." She says picking up Ethan's backpack.

"I'm going to get a toy mommy." Ethan exclaims.

"I'm so excited for you baby. Dont you want a cookie?" Gem asks not trying to be rude.

At least she notices my sister and I ignoring this bitch.

"No mommy. Aunty Charlotte and I are going to get bleakfast from McDonald." he says and I chuckle.

"I'll be the one to pick him up today. And Gem, do you want to maybe get some dinner after work?" I ask.

She blushes and nods.

Elizabeth looks angry. She is burning holes on Gem's beautiful face.

I kiss her on the forehead and I head upstairs.

She follows hot on my heels.

"Okay what the hell was that?" She is practically yelling at me.

"I'm sorry Gem, but I cant stand her and I have a feeling that she has a motive in being here." I tell her.

"She is not up to anything! She is pregnant and needs a place to stay! The people you so gracefully call family are her real family! She has no where else to go!" She reasons and it makes sense.

"Where the hell is Usher then huh? The man that got her pregnant! That is not my child and I sure as hell am not going to pretend like I care." I tell her preparing the bed.

"Nathan! Are you listening to yourself? You doing this is prompting Charlotte to hate her own sister! The only other blood she has in this world! You need to forgive and forget Nate! How long are you two going to be this petty?" She asks.

"Until she leaves my house." I grit out.

"She's not going anywhere! You know why? Because she doesnt have shit idea where to go Nathan! I thought you were mature. Clearly I was wrong." She says.

She stomps into the shower then comes back and heads to the closet to get into a nice red sundress and slip ins and tying her hair up.

She looks gorgeous.

She picks up her purse and begins to leave but I pull her back.

"Whose being petty now?" I ask smiling.

She blushes.

I hold her face in place and I kiss her. Only God knows how much that argument rolled me up.

The feeling I get when she is this close is unexplained. I cant get enough of her as I kiss her. I hold her tighter wishing that it somehow gets her closer.

I pull away before we both get late for work.

"You look amazing. Have a productive day." I say kissing her forehead and she leaves.

Not arguement is ever going to make me not do that.