Not Yet

The mirror does nothing to hide the bruises forming on my body. The angry purple marks cover me like the spots would a cheetah.

My arms have marks from how harshly he held me. This forces me to wear a long sleeve blouse to cover them up.

And then there's the problem of my face. He punched me on the cheek.

And I dont own any make up to cover it up. The bruise seems to be the angriest of them all.

I sigh as I grab my purse and I limp out of the house. The stares I get from neighbors make me more self aware by the minute.

Do they know what happened last night? I mean I didn't scream.

I walk into the office and the photographers stare me down like nobody's business.  So do the stuck up models.

Not today bitches.

I am not in the mood.

I don't even go to Arraine's office today. I'm just not in the mood for people.

And just when I though that I'd gotten through the day, Arraine calls me.

"Hey Gemma please report to my office." She says.  I dont answer . I just slam the phone and I walk to her office.

Her eyes find the bruise and her eyes widen. Damn it Jeremy.

"Oh sweetheart what happened to your face?" She asks.

"I fell." I simply say.

She inspects the bruise and then nods. She doesnt say anything for a few seconds.  Who knows maybe even minutes . Then she sighs.

"Alright get better dear. Oh your dear dashing face." She says.

I stomp out of her office. Curse you Jeremy.

Nathan's POV

I walk back into my apartment for the last time ever. Obviously to pick up my sister and Ethan.

The little guy has honestly been a joy to have.  He refused to sleep with Charlotte. Instead he'd rather sleep with me in my bed.

In the car, he sings along to some nursery's Charlotte put on.

The moment we're in the mansion. You can tell Ethan is a bit uncomfortable.

Charlotte holds his hand as we walk in. The once empty ballroom is now filled with abstract art. The main level of my house is now like an art museum but with formal seating placed in the center of the big space.

The three of us walk up to the bed room wing. Which for the family is the right wing.

"Pick your room little guy." I tell him.

"But I want to sleep in the same room with you." He begs.

Charlotte smiles to herself.

"What's got you smiling?" I ask her.

She smiles even wider.

"This little guy adores you." She says while pointing the moving guy towards where her room is.

"What do you mean?" I ask leading her to the kitchen which is already done.

The wallpaper Gem picked looks absolutely amazing . Its white with gold geometric lines.

"Yesterday we were colouring and drawing. I asked him to say anything. Anything that he wants to have in the future. And he said that he wants to be like you when he grows up." She says.

"Any child would have said that." I tell her. Brushing it off.

"No, any boy child wouldve said something about maybe the cars you own or the businesses or you money.  But he said he wants to be like you . " she presses.

Seating down in my new large kitchen feels just about right. I sigh in relaxation when Ethan walks over to me and tries to climb onto the tall barstool.

Charlotte raises her brow at me. As if saying that she told me so. Oh please, you told me nothing.

I pull the little guy up the chair.

I forgot to tell him that his mother called this morning.  Gem has a weird pattern of calls.

She'll call in the afternoon and evening. And then right after midnight she called again.

"Hey buddy. You want to show mommy the new house?" I ask him .

He nods and smiles.

I facetime Gemima.

She picks up and immediately I notice the big purple mark on her face.

"Gem are you alright? What happened?" I ask getting up front the stool as fast as possible so that Ethan doesn't see his mom like that.

"I'm fine. Just had a little accident. " she says. I want to protest but her eyes beg me to just let it go.

"Where's my munchkin? Let me see him." She begs.

"Hey mommy. Are you okay?" The little guy asks.

"I'm alright baby. How are you?" She asks.

"Pine. Uncle Nate bought a big house mommy. You should come and visit. " the little boy persists.

"I'll come on Saturday sweetie." She says.

"No mom. Tomorrow." He cries.

"Baby, I cant. I've got work tomorrow." She says.

"Listen to your mom champ." I say. His face falls and he nods.

"Cheer up. We'll go for ice cream yea?" I say and his face lights up like a Christmas tree.

"Ice cream! Ice cream! Auntie Charlie we're going for Ice cream!" He says shaking Charlotte like a bottle of water.

"Dont tell Auntie , we arent buying one for her." I whisper.

"Shhh." He says putting his index finger on his lips.

I turn to look at his mom, who just turned pink from emotion.

"You're a natural at all of this. Are you sure you dont have a kid somewhere?" She asks.

"No." I say chuckling and she joins me.

My heart jumps. I smile at her and she smiles back.

Then at the background,  I hear the loud slamming of a door. She hears it too because panick floods her face.

"Umh... I have to go. Tell Ethan I love him. Goodnight Nate. " she says then ends the call.

That was weird. Who was slamming the door? Could it be Ethan's father? Why did Gem look so afraid?

I'm going to have to be extremely vigilant around her. I need to know.

"Come champ. Let's go for ice cream." I say picking him up .

"Char, we're out okay. You cant gave Scott over here. Not tonight please." I tell her.

"I'll just go over." She mumbles .

I chuckle and head out with the little kid.