What A Girl Wants

"Not now Tyler." I tell him . Pushing past him to walk into the dorm.

I push my legs upstairs to the girls' mini-apartments .

"Gemima , why do you want to be hard headed and put yourself in danger? That man is unstable . You're putting yourself in grave danger. " he yells behind me.

I open my apartment door. Allyson is not home yet.

"You heard that? I'm putting myself,  not you . Me! Tyler I know what I'm doing! He's never done anything to hurt me! I know you're just trying to protect me!

But sometimes, just sometimes you have let me make my mistakes and learn from them! Not push me away from someone who is there for me when I need him!" I say to him .

He looks at me. The hurt in his eyes is apparent. The last line is what hurt him, and I didnt mean him. I meant Alyster . Ugh , dumb dumb Gemima.

"Ty, I'm sorry I didnt mean you. I'm so sorry." I tell him.

"No it's okay Gemima. Just dont say I didnt warn you when he does exactly what I said he'd do. Hurt you. " he says . He embraces me for a hot second then leaves.

"Tyler." I whine after him . But he doesnt turn.

I plop onto the couch and fall asleep.

I wake up to my ringing phone .

"Hello?" I say into the phone . My neck snaps and my head hurts.

"Oh shit." I say.

"Gemima. It's me honey. Are you okay?" My mom speaks into the phone.

"Hi mom. Sorry about the cursing.  I just have this intense headache . How are you and daddy?" I ask her.

"Daddy and I are just fine. We just wanted to check on you sugar ." She says.

"You wanna have lunch? I know this really great spot that has your favourite treats." I say trying to sell her into coming with me.

She agrees and sets time.

Mom and I have always been close. That's mainly because I'm an only child.  My parents and I,  from a long time ago, have always been best friends.

I remember all the times I went shopping with my mom and to sport matches with my dad .

To this day I still do that.

I get up and tidy the place up. Mom has an eagle eyes she sees everything wrong and really quick too.

I quickly take a shower, but not before gulping down some Aspirin.

I throw on a nice pair of Jean's and a shirt that's in my mother's favourite colour , white. I wear my white air force 1 and I start working on my hair.

Today is hair day. I use the dryer to blow my hair dry and straight.

It falls down to my mid back.

A gentle knock sounds onto the door.

"I'm coming." I say. I know my mother doesnt like it when I make her wait.

"Hey mom." I say as I open the door.

I freeze in action. It's not who I expected to see. He smiles and walks past me.

"I know I'm gorgeous but not enough to look like your mom." He says smiling at me.

"Jeremy. I wasnt expecting to see you. Here so early." I say, pulling my hair into a neat bun.

"Early? It's quater to one. I just wanted to check if you're okay. You know after yesterday." He says sitting down on the bar stools of the mini island bench.

"Yes, I'm okay. Would you like something to drink?" I ask him.

"Anything but alcohol. I wont be drinking anytime soon." He says . I chuckle at what he's said.

I pour him a glass of orange juice and myself a berry smoothie that I made yesterday.

"You cried last night. Why?" He asks.

"Well, I dont know. I guess I was just hurt." I tell him.

"What is it that hurts you?" He asks. My head falls and stares at my feet.

He pulls my head up, his thumb under my chin . He's so close , that his breath fans my eyelashes.

I stare into his eyes , and he looks back into mine. The intense emotion in there in undeniable.

The overwhelming urge to kiss him pulls me till I smash my lips against his.

He puts the juice on the table -from what I hear- and his arms snake around my waist. All the emotion I saw in his eyes pour into the kiss.

I pull away . He stares at me in awe.

"You're going to be the death of me." He whispers.

I pick up his juice and I sip it. He watches the entire time.

His hand is on my thing . His thumb moving slowly . Teasing me, my core aches because of that.

"Knock, knock! Good morning Gem!" My mom yells, letting herself in.

When she sees Jeremy and I her lips form a perfect "o" .

"Oh, I didnt mean to intrude. I'll just... uhmm." She tries but Jeremy stands.

He outreaches his hand and shakes my mother's.

"I'm Jeremy Goldberg.  Your daughter's friend." He says .

"Nice to meet you Jeremy my daughter's friend. I'm Matilda Summer. But you can call me Tilly." She says . Smiling at me.

"Uhm... I was on my way out. You girls stay safe. Call me." He says looking at me.

"Alright." I say uncomfortably.

He retreats to the door . The entire time my mother stay despicably quiet.

"He's a hunk Gem." My mom says.

"Can we go now mom? We're going to be behind schedule. " I tell her .

She drives us to the little bakery down town. The entire time she's ranting about how cute Jeremy and I are.  And how we'd made cute grand babies for her.

When we get to the bakery, we take window seats and start talking .

She starts a new topic while eating her lemon and poppy seed muffins.

"... come on dear , why dont you want Jeremy? He's what a girl wants and more." She says.

"Yes , but I'm not that girl. I'm a young woman who just wants to be successful. I'll see all that men stuff later." I tell her .

She just smiles to herself while eating the muffin.

"Come on mom. You know that's what you want too." I tell her . She drops the muffin then looks at me.

"Well yea honey, but I also want you to be happy.

Wanting to be successful doesn't mean you have to be as sour as an apple before it's ready for harvest. You have to be balanced sugar.

You have to be happy. But I say go for it, he's a really cute one sugar." My mom says .

I nod in understanding.

After lunch we head shopping , she buys a few stuff for the house . The she takes me to my dorm. Then she leaves.

I had a good day with mom.

Author's note.

Hey guys , how you been? Enjoying your holidays? Me too🥺

How was this chapter? Hope you enjoyed . Drop your thoughts down there💖😻

Vote, comment and recommend 🥰🥰❤

Nic275🧚‍♀️💖