Chapter 5

Johnny felt as if she had slapped him again. Ok, too dramatic, but he really felt like falling from flames into ice. He left her lips and looked in her eyes, dark. He carefully rolled off her and tried to get up.

"You are right".

"Johnny, please don't get up."

Johnny turned back. "Why not? Look at me! Can you see what you're doing to me Heaven? I am burning with desire to make love to you. If I stay close to you, I will definitely take you. But you say no? What would you have me do?"

"Oh Johnny..." he was too aroused! Heaven stood up and limped towards him. All the time Johnny was lying on her, she didn't feel any pain though! She felt so tiny in front of him.

"I meant it is better for you to stay in bed because of the fever. But as for us to .. to make l.." she couldn't form the words. She turned her head towards the window and rubbed her fingers uneasily.

"What's wrong now? For God's sake Heaven! I am not going to rape you! I will not do anything against your will! You pull me like a magnet! That is obvious! I made my move instinctively! It has been a really long time... since... since..." he hesitated and looked away.

"Whatever... Let it go Heaven..." He walked to the kitchen. "I think we should eat because it's late and I am starving."

Heaven stood still like a statue. She really wanted to shout that she wanted him too bad! That for the first time in her life she felt so sure for someone that she knew for so little time. That she was burning to find out more about him. That she was wishing to be snowed in his house for the whole winter. But Johnny, was a mature, experienced man and she wouldn't be able to satisfy him sexually. She was very ignorant! And that held her from flirting with men.

The fireplace was sending wonderful heat but Heaven was feeling cold without Johnny in the room. Right then he appeared holding two trays with food! When did he...

They ate without talking and drank warm red wine with cinnamon that he had prepared. It was almost four in the afternoon and it had stopped snowing. Johnny's attention was caught by some voices. He looked outside the window.

"What is happening?" Heaven asked.

"The road is open! I'm going outside for a while" and before she could speak a word "There's your chance to escape from a pushy guy!"

Heaven wanted to tell him that she didn't wish to escape him. She wanted to stay close to him and let him make her forget everything. Let her make him forget everything...

Johnny rushed back in the house shaking the snow off of him.

"Everything is fine! Everybody is working so perfectly that all the roads are accessible! They even told me that they can drive you home! The mayor is outside!"

She went so pale like the snow. Was it time for goodbye?

Johnny searched her eyes. "I can drive you home, if you want ..."

Her heart missed a beat!! "Thank you so much, but you have better stay at home, you need to get well..."

Really now... She wanted to leave him as soon as possible. So it is! He played and lost! Lost in love...Better to stay on his own!

Heaven saw the look on his face and realized that he misunderstood her!

"So Heaven, just take your purse and go. And the rest when you will be feeling better. We will be in touch."

Her heart missed another beat!

"It's a small village anyway. I will find a way to send you your stuff."

Oh...

She took her purse from the armchair, put on Johnny's boots and walked to the door silently. Before opening it, she turned around and faced him. Through her sadness, she couldn't resist admiring him one more time. She caressed his cheek, stood on the tips of her toes and kissed him softly on the lips.

Strawberry taste blurred his thoughts... he closed he eyes and moaned loudly.

"Thank you for everything Johnny... and sorry for everything..."

He opened his eyes with the sound of the door closing. When had she got out already? He quickly looked out the window and saw the mayor holding her hand to help her walk in the snow as they were leaving. Johnny would gladly burry the mayor in the frozen snow...

The mayor's car reached Heaven's house. The scenery was amazing! The snow had covered everything! But the streets were cleaned perfectly! Great job from the community! They had even arranged to move her car for repair the next morning! Braemar was a great choice indeed!

It was Molly's house and Heaven was her roommate. It was a townhouse, traditional and so lovely. It had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room and a small pretty yard. But Molly was about to marry Grant McDean and she would move out. Heaven wasn't sure she could afford this house by herself. Maybe she would find something else. The marriage would take place at the beginning of February, so she had one month to settle this.

Heaven entered the cold house and realized that Molly didn't come here at all. She turned the heat on and even lit the fireplace. She wanted to work on her computer for a while about the hotel's arrangements. She needed to keep her mind busy. But she was not in a great mood. She sat on the couch in front or the fireplace with the laptop in her arms. She didn't want to take Johnny's clothes off. She wanted to have something that was his... since she couldn't have him... Until she returned them to him. Now that was a great chance to see him again... Certainly she couldn't go to his home without her car. His house... She had managed to look a little bit around as she was leaving with the mayor. Huge, white colored with stone walls and an immense yard. It was way too high from the main road, somehow secluded, surrounded by large, old firs. She didn't know that this place existed!

Suddenly the door opened! Molly and Grant came in laughing!

"Heaven !!" Molly ran and hugged her!

"Mr Night called Grant and he informed us about you!"

Heaven smiled. "Really? Thank God everything is fine!! I got in a very dangerous situation last night!"

"That jerk Drake, is gonna have it good Heaven! So much pressure! After you left he kept saying that he was going to your place to spend the night together!"

Heaven freaked out!! "What ?? Oh I am going to kill him!"

"Don't worry girl! Grant took care of him! Drake didn't realize how he ended up in the snow!!" Grant and Molly burst into laughter! What a great couple! Molly was so very lucky!! Heaven wished to find a love like that!

"And" Molly kept on "you are not going to work tomorrow! You'll rest and you will go on Tuesday! I will cover for you if needed!"

"What? No Molly!! I will be just fine!" Heaven protested.

"Forget about it! I am in charge here!" Grant laughed!

"You are going to be resting alone, but it will be good for you!" Molly winked. Did she know something?