Chapter 1

His body shot up like a missile! His blue eyes opened wide. No, not again.. Two years of therapy and still nothing...Another nightmare, an endless nightmare...

Johnny fell back on the soft pillow, his heartbeat slowing down. I have to pull myself together, he thought . He closed his eyes trying to get back to sleep...Still something was not quite right.

Despite the cold winter night, the bedroom's window was open. Johnny had that habit since he was a child. The chill wind made him feel alive. And tonight the wind was blowing hard... But the sound coming from the window was not the wind. He felt uneasy, he stirred on his bed ... Finally he gave up. He pushed the covers aside and walked to the window.

"Jesus!!" His mouth fell open. It was snowing but he could still see the main road all the way from his house. There was a white Volvo crushed on a road light.

Johnny put a snow jacket over his white T-shirt, a pair of snow boots and rushed out of the house. He walked down the slippery path, reached the road and got close to the car. He looked through the windows.

"Are you ok?" he shouted and knocked his hand onto the glass. All he could see was the white airbag. "Hey, are you ok in there?" he repeated. The window started to slide down slowly. A pair of wide opened green eyes stared at him in shock. "I think so", a pair of pink juicy lips managed to say.

Johnny stayed motionless for a few seconds. These eyes, that mouth, that trembling sweet voice...He shook his head to clear his mind.

"Listen, can you tell me if you are hurt? Because I am going to pull the car seat back so I can get you out of there" Johnny asked.

The green eyes didn't move from his blue eyes. A pink tongue licked her dry pink lips and a slight sigh came from the inside of her. "I am fine, I think. I am ready for..."

Johnny didn't wait for her to finish her sentence. He pulled back the car seat, grabbed her from her waist and with a gentle move got the woman out of the car.

"I'm taking you in my house, so hold on to me" Johnny said.

"Thank you", the woman said "just let me get my purse please". She quickly turned towards the car and slipped in for a while. Just then, Johnny really saw her. She was wearing a long black cashmere coat and black high heeled pumps. The coat was too long for him to see her legs, but tight enough to mark her slim figure and peach shaped behind. Jesus! What was he thinking? The snow may have started to freeze his brain cells after all.

The woman turned around, closed the door and locked the car. "Can I lean on you? The road is full of snow and my shoes...oh God...I am so ..."

Johnny put his arm around her waist. He was so tall and she felt tiny in his grip. "Don't worry. Let's go". They crossed the road quickly and walked carefully the uphill path.

"Come on in the living room, I will light up a fire because it's too cold and you must be freezing". Johnny took off his jacket and boots and the woman looked at him for a few seconds. What a man!! He should be like 1,90 m tall! And that body! She could see his muscles under the t-shirt flexing as he moved. 'Come on girl' she thought. She had just had a car crash – minor thank God – and she was about to drool over that man's body! Just so unlike her.

She quickly moved herself into the living room. Leather and wood. The furniture black and brown. Two leather sofas and an armchair, all covered with wool and fur cushions. She let herself sink in the armchair. Oh dear, even the chair seemed huge. Her feet barely touched the wooden floor.

"Fire's ready" Johnny's voice woke her from her wandering!

She looked at him while he was standing in front of her. So tall and handsome. Black hair and blue eyes, high cheekbones and decisive – almost – stubborn mouth. Where did that man come from? Lightning stroke her! What about where SHE did come from!! She forgot her manners!