Chapter 13 :~: The Boy Possessed by the Demon

Sheeran's Perspective:-

I straight away went to my room after we reached home. Noelle asked me to go to my room and take some rest while she and the girls will drop Chloe off at Mrs. Wilson's House. I agreed and went to my room. I opened the door to my room, I don't know why but I was feeling a little drunk even though I hadn't taken a drink. I collapsed on the bed directly without getting fresh and having dinner and sunk into the depths of my sleep once again.

After a few minutes or so, I opened my eyes as someone was knocking on my door. I thought it was Noelle, calling me to have dinner. "I am not hungry Noelle, you can have dinner," I said in my sleepy tone and closed my eyes cuddling with my pillow. 

The knocking stopped for a while. After a few seconds, I heard knocking once again, "I told ya, I ain't hungry!" I said, but the knocking continued. I suspected it wasn't Noelle but someone else, as she won't disturb me.

Frustrated like any other animal, I went to the door and opened it. There wasn't a single soul in the pitch-black corridor to my surprise. I slammed the door and just when I was about to dump myself on the bed, I heard the knocking once again. This was it, "This isn't a joke, please! I am trying to sleep so just get lost." I said as I had lost control over myself as anyone might do when some unwanted guest keeps bothering them in the middle of their sleep.

The knocking didn't stop, "Fuck you, You Bastard." I went to the door and forced it open. This time too I didn't see anyone, except for a few drops of a reddish substance on the floor just in front of my room. I touched it and smelled it a bit. It was blood, for sure as it had a rusty smell to it. The drops of the blood were rounded hence I thought that it might have dripped from the roof of the corridor.

I tilted my neck cautiously above, There was pitch darkness all over, the corridor except for a single lamp just adjacent to my room. I removed it from the holder and went to the exact spot where I saw the drops of ichor. 

This time when I turned my neck up and what I saw was very terrifying and difficult to digest

This time when I turned my neck up and what I saw was very terrifying and difficult to digest. It looked like a carcass of a human, on the roof. It had a murky white gown, with long hairs soaked in blood. Its face was towards the roof, due to which I was unable to see it. I took the lamp and started moving in the direction of my room, slowly but steadily. 

My heart had started beating faster and faster and faster. My eyes were focused on the corps and I was trying not to scream or pass out because if I did I was done for. When I reached the room I started hearing creepy creaking voices, When I turned the lamp up, I saw that the head of the corpse was turned entirely. In a matter of seconds, it pounced on me, so fast that I wasn't even able to see the face. I screamed at the top of my voice, as the living carcass was acting wild while sitting on my torso. That was when I passed out.

The last thing I remembered was the smell of rotten algae probably from the corpse. I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the outskirts of a village. I saw a starry sky above me, embedded in the infinite cloth of space-time. I got up and started looking all around me. The surrounding all around me was covered in a dense growth of trees, and it seemed that the village right ahead of me was between that forest.