20 ◇ green

Avengers Compound - Upstate New York

THOR FELL ASLEEP on the trip back to HQ.  Rocket piloted while Loki gave Thor and I our space; the two of us sitting on the floor.  He was still in a half-drunken state and didn't say much, but Thor's arms never left my waist.  He held me in a loss but unending grip.

"He's not gonna let you go," Loki whispered in my ear, just after he kissed me on the cheek.

"That's okay," I whispered back, just as Loki patted me on the shoulder.  That's when he walked towards the front of the ship with Rocket, who piloted us through the air.

Loki was right— Thor didn't let go of me.  Not even as we got back to HQ.  He kept his arm around my waist, with a grip that looked lazily slung (but make no mistake, he had a firm hold).  I didn't mind.  The last few years hadn't been kind to him.  I was happy to have my best friend back.  Loki looked both amused and relieved to see Thor had me back— without any jealously whatsoever (to my surprise).

While we had picked up Thor, Natasha had gone to retrieve Clint— who was, apparently, on a violent rampage acting as a sort of vigilante.  But, if anyone could get through to him, it would be Natasha.

She did it, of course.  Clint looked...rough.  Thor wasn't the only one who fell off the deep end.  Clint, however, didn't gain weight.  He got more muscle, more tats, and...ahem, more kills.

Bruce, Scott, Nebula, and Rhodey had worked on exactly how we would be traveling and our suits, while Tony was hard at work building our actual time machine.  It felt normal; as if the past five years hadn't even haven't; it was just another day in the office.  But, it was missing something.  Someone.  Many, many someones, actually: Strange, Peter, Vision, Wanda, Sam...

I stumbled upon a fun little chat as I passed through the halls, a fresh strawberry milkshake in my hand.  Loki had never had one— I wanted him to try it.  It was hard to stay on track with my strawberry-milkshake mission, though, with how loud the boys were being as they discussed the mission.  Rhodey was doing something funny with his hands; miming something.

"First of all, that's horrible," Bruce scolded Rhodey, while Clint was being fitted into the suit by Nebula

"What's horrible?" I popped my head in through the doorway, sipping my milkshake.

"Rhodey here wants to—" Bruce sighed, throwing his hands in the air, "—'dispose' of baby Thanos."

Rhodey shrugged. "It's a good plan."

"Secondly, time doesn't work that way!" Bruce corrected, pushing up his glasses. "Changing the past doesn't change the future!"