13 ◇ return

okay, word of warning. we're about to deviate FAR, FAR away from logic here, but trust me, it's worth it. Please don't ask too many "but how is this possible 😤" questions, I'm really not going off super strong canon-logic right now, I'm just trying to write a good fanfic :)
and yes, I did my best to work with MCU rules/logic/plot but sometimes you just gotta chalk stuff up to magic.
enjoy <3

? — ?

Y/N

I REMEMBER GASPING for air. My lungs were tightening, struggling to work correctly, and my stomach held a flip-floppy feeling. I wasn't too focused on my lack of air, not at first— no, I was too busy feeling like my literal atoms were being torn apart.

Somehow, I made myself open my eyes. One second, I was in Wakanda, staring into Thor's eyes in complete terror, the next second I'm seeing stars, shapes, colors, everything all at once.  Was this heaven? Hell? Valhalla?

That feeling of being torn apart took precedence over my lack of oxygen, and I looked down at myself to see what the hell was causing the mass amounts of pain erupting from every nerve receptor.

Investigating myself and why I was in so much pain almost caused a heart attack due to the confusion and fear that racked my brain. Just as quickly as I remember being dusted, my body was reappearing by the aid of what looked to be Strange's magic— rings of gold blazed across my body and materialized my matter, but the golden magic wasn't as smooth as Strange usually is. This magic seemed rushed, jumbled, and chaotic, as if the doctor was in a panic.

OXYGEN! My brain screamed at me, and I fiddled with my suit's collar to activate the pop-up mask Tony installed. I'd never understood why he insisted making all his suits with an air-respiration helmet, but I'll be sure to never complain again.

A white and black helmet enveloped my head, leaving my face protected by a sheet of what I imagine to be Tony's nano-tech. Cool fresh air raced into my lungs, and the "being torn to shreds" feeling disappeared, giving me time to finally take in my surroundings.

It was like a bad trip; colors and lights around me in an endless prism of magical shapes. What reality did I end up in? Was this the afterlife? Where was everyone else?

I floated among the colors, both dazzled and terrified about my current situation. I was all alone and I had absolutely no idea where the hell I was.

Was this a dream? A nightmare?

"Strange?" I hesitantly called out, before a bit of frustration began to fill my stomach.

"Strange!" I shouted louder, "I know you put me here! Where are you?!"

I was met with a deafening silence. It was scary, feeling the world around me so vibrant yet so... empty.

"Hello?" I called out, sounding more weak than I wanted. A dreadful feeling crept into my throat and panicked tears began to well up before I could stop myself.

I didn't like this. It felt awful and wrong. I wanted to go home.

"Loki?!" I shouted into the abyss.

Nothing.

Now I was desperate, for anyone.

"Thor?! Tony! Anybody, please!"