16 ◇ lily

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Some of you are a tad bit confused over the family tree so I'm going to quickly break it down for you.

Howard Stark is Y/N's older brother.

Howard is the father of Tony, making Tony the nephew of Y/N.  She is his aunt.

Y/N was born in the 1920s and kidnapped by HYDRA when she was 17.  She was given the same serum as Steve and Bucky, which slowed her aging process, making her technically 102 years old, however physically she is in her early 20s. Because of this, her and Tony act much more like siblings (older brother/younger sister).

Because Y/N is Tony's aunt, she is Morgan's great-aunt, making Morgan Y/N's great-niece.

Hope it clears things up!

◇◇◇

Off the coast of Parikia, Paros Island, Greece

MY FLIGHT TO Greece took around five hours, if I'm being honest. It sounds like a long travel time without context, but an airline flight would have taken twice as long.

I flew on a surfboard-like platform, but around halfway there I figured out a better and sleeker way to fly— if I created a pair of perfectly formed diamond boots and small diamond bracelets on my wrists (for balance), I could fly just as Wanda would, without the need to create an entire platform.  This way was faster and easier to control, as if I became one with the diamonds. This is probably what Tony feels like when he flies in his suits.

I was like a bullet, tearing through the skies over the vast oceans.  Steve had mentioned there were less boats in the water, and I could tell— I saw an abundance of aquatic life; ranging from dolphin pods, whales, even a handful of sharks, and plenty of schools of fish.  I suppose that was one good side effect from half our population disappearing — less pollution.

Paros, Greece, was an island I was familiar with.  It was my favorite travel destination; the place Tony always whisked me off to when life got too stressful.  Loki, for whatever reason, had settled there, Natasha had told me.  She said he told her it was the place he knew I'd wanted to settle down.

He was right.

The island was a lush, quiet place with minimalistic white villas and a plethora of quaint shops and cafes.  The old streets were lined with healthy plant life and flower sellers, making the fresh air always smell of florals.  I liked the townspeople too, they weren't into the news of America, so most of them didn't see me as an infamous hero - just another person finding peace in the quiet city.

I landed softly, making the diamond boots and wristlets disappear. It was late in the morning, a cool sunny day on the island, though it wasn't as peppy as I remember. No doubt the grief that swept the rest of the world reared its ugly head on this island.

Still, possibly because of the unwavering sun, this tiny village still held its quaint beauty I remembered. I had landed on the beach, away from the general population so not to cause a scene. I liked my low key status here in this isle.

I wandered inland, the sand merging into paved paths winding between thin alleyways, the familiar scenery filling me with nostalgia. I knew these streets fairly well; though I didn't know Loki's exact location. The townspeople were always kind to me, and I hoped their hospitality was still intact five years later.