The Madness of a Loyal Retainer

Start from the beginning

Hasegawa, who recognized Cecily's face before, remembered that he is a general in Seiren's army.

"Well, well, well. I'm so glad you remembered my name. I have been ordered by Her Majesty to show you around. There is still some time before dinner, so I will show you to the antechamber," Cecily said.

He invited Hasegawa's group inside the gate. Inside the wall that separated the city from the compound of the mansion, there used to be a neatly organized garden, but it had been ransacked by the soldiers of the Altian Empire, and now only a few traces of it could be seen. After that, Hasegawa and the four of them were led into the mansion by Cecily.

Banquet Hall

At that time, preparations for the banquet were steadily underway in the banquet hall. The long table in the center of the hall was lined with the dishes of the participants, and the candlesticks were lit. In the upper seat at the far end of the room, two chairs were set up, one for the host, Helenas, and the other for the guest of honor, Hasegawa.

"Hey... what are you doing here?"

Royal Guard Commander Simov Lacrimal, who was preparing the venue, stopped a Royal Guard under his command who was wandering around. The soldier was supposed to be standing in front of the outer gate to guide Hasegawa and the others to the banquet hall.

"Sir! I've just been ordered by General Cecily to go to Prince Menelas..."

"...?"

The young guard saluted and told him why he was here. Simov tilted his head suspiciously, thinking that such an order could not have been given.

"So... what did General Cecily said?"

"He said that he would escort the guests."

"......"

Hearing his subordinate's words, Simov felt a great deal of anxiety. It was impossible that Cecily, who clearly despised the Japanese military, would offer to escort the Japanese. Afterwards, he sensed something was wrong and immediately told Helenas about the incident. When she learned of the situation, she frowned and gave orders to the nearby guards.

"...Find Cecily and the Japanese immediately."

"Yes, Your Majesty!"

After receiving the queen's order, the guards left the dinner hall like spider to look for them inside the mansion.

Inside the house

At the same time, Hasegawa, Suzuki, Akiyama, and Rodriguez were being led to a room that was supposed to be the waiting room for the dinner.

"Please wait in this room until the dinner is ready... Now, open the door, please..."

"...?"

Hasegawa opened the door as Cecily prompted, wondering if it was the etiquette in this country to let a guest open the door. Hasegawa opened it to find a dimly lit, narrow space.

"This is not a waiting room... is this a storage?"

There were no chairs or tables, just a mop, a broom, and a bucket. Just as Suzuki had said, the room was not a waiting room, but a storage room for cleaning tools.

"Cecily-dono, what is this?"

Hasegawa and the others turned to Cecily, who was standing behind them, to inquire the true meaning of him leading them to the storeroom. It was then that they finally saw the hatred that lay deep in Cecily's heart. He was holding his sword at his waist, with obvious hostility towards Hasegawa and the others.

"...What are you doing?"

Akiyama spoke gravely to the guide who suddenly went violent. Cecily then slowly spoke.