Return of the Royal Family

Start from the beginning

"Simov, Menelas."

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Something's wrong, sister?"

Helenas touched the balcony fence and spoke to Simov and Menelas, the third prince, who were standing nearby.

"I may have brought a terrible monster into this country with the intention of saving the Seiren Kingdom."

"......"

As she looked down at the strange fleet of ships in the harbor, the strange armies that were landing one after another, and the burnt ruins of the Altian Empire's base, Helenas felt a tinge of anxiety about the future of her country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 12

Provisional Capital Zion, Seiren Kingdom

Two days after the main fleet conducted the surprise attack, 17 ships carrying construction materials for the base and additional weapons and ammunition arrived in Zion. The two fleets, which had been divided into two, now joined together to form a large fleet of 42 ships. The residents living near the harbor were stunned by the majestic sight of the huge ships lined up along the coast of Zion. The Ōsumi, Shimokita, USS Harpers Ferry, and other transport ships were returning to Japan to transport more supplies. Piston transport method will continue to be used.

And in a prefab built in the harbor, the executives involved in the command of the fleet were gathered. In what could be called a temporary command center, the senior officers of the fleet, Rear Admiral Hasegawa, Rear Admiral Suzuki, and Captain Anthony Rodriguez, the representative of the USFJ, were discussing their future plans.

"Prior to our advance to the continent... we will build a communications facility here to mediate communications between the mainland and the fleet, and an aircraft runway to provide logistical support for our landing on the continent."

Hasegawa explained the future plans to the participants of the meeting. He would be in command of the combined fleet, and Suzuki would remain in the country to act as an intermediary between the fleet and the mainland as base commander.

"As for the construction of the runway... give me a month and a half, and we can work around the clock, day and night, in eight-hour shifts, and at least get the C-2 transport planes out of there without difficulty."

Lieutenant Colonel Shigemichi Tamiya, the commander of the engineering unit dispatched from the JGSDF, announced the minimum amount of time it would take to build the runway.

"It's rather too early, as expected from GSDF's engineering department. Now, please, Lieutenant Colonel Tamiya."

"Sir!!"

Tamiya replied enthusiastically to his words.

"After the completion of the airstrip, the Joint Fleet will head to its first target, McTayle city, one of the major cities of the Altian Empire, to take control of the city and the iron ore mines that are said to be located in its vicinity. After that, we will head to the capital city of Custefai to secure the leaders of the Imperial government. During the construction of the airstrip, there is a great possibility that their forces will attack in an attempt to retake the country. Each unit should be fully prepared for a battle at any time!"

Hasegawa told the executives to be prepared for battle. After that, the meeting was over and the officers went back to their respective units.

Same day

Imperial Palace, Custefai, Altian Empire

A report was delivered to the Imperial Government from the military base occupying the Seiren Kingdom. It was the news that the base had been destroyed by the Japanese army and that they had been defeated. Minister of Military Affairs Sitos Sphinoid was delivering the news to the Emperor with a heavy step.