Episode 48 - basic training.

As the new recruits of 11–12-year-olds stood, six and DR holiday on standby while a cybernetic man stood in front of them.

Hutton: my name is Hutton and I'll be giving you all basic training. Now then I've been informed that some of you have powers, let's see what you've got.

Ben changed into omni-kix humungousaur. Kevin changed into bashmouth, Circe extended her Evo jaw out, tucc collapsed himself and reformed into a humanoid shape, Skwydd shot out some nanite ink, cricket jumped high into the air, lucy changed into her humanoid Lenopan form, Bobo pulled out his blasters and he shot them into the air and Gwen got glitch to change into his battle suit mode.

Hutton: impressive but how well can you use those powers?

Ben: what, do you need me to shoot a laser from my mouth?

Hutton: humour me.

Ben shot the laser from his mouth, and he timed out.

Hutton: why are you back in human form?

Ben: I don't control when this thing times out.

Kevin: but I do.

He timed out and stood embarrassed.

Kevin: I just tuned this thing up this morning.

Hutton: tuned it up?

Kevin: well yeah, I built this thing. It's one of a kind.

Hutton: we'll need those plans. With that kind of technology...

Six: that's not happening. You were told to give them some basic training. Nothing more, nothing less.

He walked over to Noah, Annie, Julie and Clair and he wanted to know what they could do.

Noah: I have this sweat energy sword, if that's what you're after.

Hutton: and what about you three?

Julie: I'm new to this whole hero thing.

Clair: yeah, haven't been on that many adventures like these guys have.

Annie: the best we have is an adventure where we hunted down an alien werewolf, although ben and Kevin did most of the work.

Hutton: then I will be focusing all of my efforts on you three since you clearly need the most training.

He handed them standard issue providence rifles and while Clair had a very clean shot, Julie took a moment to lift the gun and Annie's somehow shot behind her. Hutton took that blaster and handed her a different one, that gun managing to shoot straight upwards.

Hutton: what is with theses defective blasters.

Annie: it's probably just me.

Hutton: what do you mean by that?

Kevin: she's a total bad luck magnet.

Lucy: it's true.

Hutton: I'm sure we can do something with that.

Annie: really? Because I've never been useful before.

Gwen: that's not tree, what about that fight with Charmcaster?

Annie: I guess that counts.

Ben looks down at his omnitrix and he noticed that the device that Phil had put on to keep ghostfreak from taking him over again was slipping off and he tried to readjust it. managing to get it on enough for him to be convinced that it was on right. Meanwhile, Clair was hitting every shot and Gwen wasn't too far behind. Max soon came across them training and heat down next to DR holiday.

DR holiday: shouldn't you be joining them?

Max: oh no, I'm far too old to be fighting them.

DR holiday: but we're going to need al hands-on deck and I've seen your plumber file. You basically lead the plumbers in a lot of their battles.

Max: there kids, it's just not fair.

Six: we're going to war; this isn't going to be fair. If you'd prefer, I'll spar with you.

Max: yeah, let's see what you've got.

He pulls out his blasters and he aim them at six, six butting through the energy bullets and charging forward at max. using his magnablades to force the blasters into his own hands. Meanwhile the kids where all told to spar with each other. Ben started sparing with lucy, Gwen against Circe, Julie against Clair and Annie against Noah and Kevin. While they were all sparing, ben timed out while rex continued to attack.

Ben: give me a second to time back in.

lucy: sorry ben, but they're not going to give you a second to time back in.

However, in the chaos of the battle and trying to survive, the small device slipped off of the omnitrix and when it popped up, he immediately slammed back down on it, changing into rath and then being forced into ghostfreak.

lucy: guys, we've got a big problem here.

Ben: there is no problem, I will be whole.

He let out a menacing laugh as Kevin tried to tackle ben, phasing right through him.

Cricket: what's going on, is this bad?

Gwen: yeah, ghostfreak is bad news. When ben's ghostfreak he's not fully in control.

Lucy: the only thing that can cancel out a Ectonurite's intangibility is another intangible alien. Don't suppose you have something like that Kevin?

Kevin: I don't but if we can activate his armour thingy, we can get him to time out sooner.

Cricket nodded as she jumped up and tried to turn the omnitrix, failing as she fell right through him. Circe tried to screech at him, ghostfreak turning intangible and falling through the ground. Hutton jumped and tried to shoot ben, the bullets going right through ben as Gwen managed to grab onto ben using glitch.

Glitch: Benjamin, you need to calm down. You're not yourself.

Ben: I'm perfectly fine. I'm almost out of here.

Tucc: not for long.

He managed to grab onto his omnitrix, and he turned it, activating the omni-kix as chains formed over his body, encasing ben in an armour held together by the chains. Making him loose his intangibility but increasing his strength. He manages to throw Gwen off of himself and in a bright light he was back to normal. However, when he looked up, he spotted something was looming above him. Day tuning to night as he spotted ghostfreak flying above him.