A Ghost Along the Mississippi

Mikaleson Compound

Klaus is breaking down over Cami's blood-covered dead body. Klaus is anxiously pacing back and forth as he wrings his hands together and murmurs under his breath. Cami's body is sprawled across the bed, and the comforter is soaked in her blood. "No... No..." Klaus murmured. Klaus furiously smashes an end table and screams at the top of his lungs. "NOOOOOOO! AHHHH!" Klaus screamed. Klaus, even more distraught, begins trashing his room by flipping tables and overturning couches as he roars in grief. "AHHHH! AHHHHHH!" Klaus shouted.

He continues to smash up his room by beating broken pieces of furniture against the walls. Eventually, he becomes so emotionally exhausted that he gasps for breath as he falls back against the wall and slides down onto the floor. With the room now all smashed aside from the bed and the bedside table, Klaus has returned to where Cami's body was laying and is once again cradling her in his arms as he stares at her with tear-filled eyes. Just as Klaus looks as though he's about to finally begin to deal with her loss, Cami gasps awake and grabs her throat as she looks wildly around the room. Klaus, shocked, gapes at her with wide eyes. When Cami pulls her hand away, she finds it's coated in blood and looks absolutely horrified as she meets Klaus' eyes.

"Klaus...?" Cami asked weakly. Klaus, whose face is still wet from crying, looks at Cami with sadness and relief as he realizes the implications of what has just happened. He wraps a blanket around Cami's shoulders as she sits on the edge of the bed. He then kneels in front of her so he can look her in the eyes. "Tell me what happened." Klaus said. Cami's eyes widen when she realizes what has just occurred. "Aurora." Cami said.

Flashback

Cami is transported into a flashback, when she was being held captive at Marcel's fight gym by Aurora. Aurora is standing in front of Cami and compelling her. "The moment he looks at you like he looked at me, the moment you know he is in love with you... You're going to do something for me." Aurora told Cami. Aurora continues to speak in voiceover as the scene cuts to another flashback, right after Klaus had fallen asleep after they had hooked up. Cami pulls out a small vial of blood and drinks it.

"You will drink this blood of mine, and then you will slit your own throat and bleed out silently." Aurora voiced over. Back in the fight gym flashback, Aurora continues her compulsion-enforced instructions. "You will want to cry out, but you will not make a sound." Aurora told Cami.

Present

Cami becomes even more horrified when she realizes what this means. "She did this to me." Cami said. Cami suddenly starts to sob, and her voice becomes even weaker. "I died. I'm dead." Cami said. "But you will not stay dead." Klaus said. Klaus' expression goes from concerned for Cami to furious at Aurora in an instant. "She will pay for her actions, I swear to you--" Klaus said but was cut off by Cami doubling over in pain and groaning. "Ahh! Ohhh, what's happening to me?" Cami asked in pain.

Klaus gives her a sympathetic look. "You're transitioning. You need to feed on blood soon, or you will die... This time, for good." Klaus said. Cami starts to whimper in fear and exhaustion, and Klaus affectionately rubs her arm.

Later ~ Study

In the study, Daniel and Elijah have just walked into the room and Elijah has stripped off his coat as he joins Klaus by the bar, looking at his brother with concern. "How is she?" Elijah asked. "She has just risen from the dead. As soon as she feeds, her mood will change for the better." Klaus said quietly. Klaus walks toward Elijah, and his tone turns furious as he changes the subject to their enemies. "In the meantime, these attacks need to be answered! Our retribution must be swift, and it must be brutal!" Klaus said furious.

"Agreed. After the Serratura has been recovered." Elijah said calmly. Elijah sighs in frustration and throws his coat onto the chair. "Freya's pendant is also missing." Daniel said. Klaus rolled his eyes. "And Finn's mystical essence along with it. So let the imbecile stay lost! Our business for today is to finish off the de Martels!" Klaus said. Daniel, looking concerned, replies softly in an attempt to calm Klaus down. "Now, Think. Tristan needs the most powerful witch in the city to activate that weapon. A Regent." Daniel said calmly.