Beautiful Mistake

Mikaelson Compound

Freya has just returned to the compound, and she immediately pauses in the doorway when she notices all of the destruction in the foyer. Looking worried, she slowly makes her way into the courtyard as she gets visions of Klaus and Elijah's fight.

First, she nearly trips over what remains of the bar as she receives a flash of Elijah tackling Klaus onto it. She then sees several overturned wooden chairs, causing her to see when Klaus grabbed Elijah in a headlock from behind, which led to Elijah elbowing him in the face and throwing him across the courtyard into the chairs. Next, she sees the chandelier, which has been pulled down from the ceiling, scattering the taper candles in it across the floor next to a small puddle of blood, which she sees has come from when Klaus, whom Elijah had in a choke-hold, bit Elijah on the forearm to get out of it. On top of the overturned footstool, she finds a broken chair leg that is soaked in blood, which she picks up in case she needs to arm herself.

She then hears something moving. She turns around and sees Daniel walking in with a women she's never seen before. "What the hell happened?" Daniel asked. "Elijah and Klaus." Freya said. Daniel nodded slowly. "Gotcha." Daniel said. Great then turns her attention to the woman. "Who are you?" Freya asked her. "I'm Emma." Emma said. Freya looked at Daniel for further explanation. "Emma is my twin sister." Daniel said. Freya looked at her shocked. "I met her after I met my birth father." Daniel said. Freya then grew more shocked.

Before she could reply, the three hear the doors to the dining room creak open. When they look toward the source of the noise, they sees Klaus and Elijah, both of whom are covered in blood and are wearing the tattered remains of their clothing, silently and calmly sitting at the table together as though they hadn't just had a violet confrontation. Freya, annoyed, drops the stake and rushes into the room, Daniel and Emma following, where Elijah is absentmindedly fiddling with what remains of his tie while Klaus drains some of his blood into a glass. There is a seeping wound on Elijah's wrist from where Klaus bit him, and the sleeve of his jacket has almost been ripped off.

"May I ask what happened?" Freya asked unimpressed. Klaus smirked. "We had a little chat about the past." Klaus said. Freya rolls her eyes in exasperation, and Elijah, sounding exhausted, explains what happened. "I informed Niklaus I am not his enemy. And, though they entered the city under the guise of peace, Tristan and Lucien, in truth, are allied against us. A fact that required a little bit of... gentle persuasion..." Elijah trailed off. Freya and Daniel is visibly amused by this, but they keep their faces blank in order to not encourage their behavior and turns to look at Klaus.

"And so I reminded our brother, who angered them in the first place..." Klaus said. "And, after all of this civil discourse, what understanding did you come to?" Daniel asked annoyed. "That we expose and destroy our first sired." Elijah said. Klaus smiles happily before sliding the glass of his blood across the table to him. He then picks up a glass of bourbon that he poured himself. "Couldn't agree more. You see, gentlemen know when to call a truce and turn our fury in a more pertinent direction." Klaus said. Klaus holds his glass up toward Elijah, who lifts his own glass with his hybrid-bitten hand to clink it against Klaus' before they each take a drink. "This is normal, right?" Emma asked Daniel. "Yeah, this is them calm." Daniel said and Emma nodded slowly.

Klaus then noticed the new person in the room and sped over to her. "And who is this?" Klaus asked. "Emma." Daniel said. Emma kept a blank face but was slightly scared on the inside. "And why is she here?" Elijah asked. "She's my twin sister." Daniel said. Klaus and Elijah looked at them and noticed that they did look alike. "I met her after I my birth father." Daniel said. "When did this happen?" Elijah asked. "I'll explain later. We have more important things to do." Daniel said.