An hour later, Khepri stepped into the studio with her best-friend and mother close behind. Greeting everybody in the room, Khep stared at the man she assumed was the producer.

He was sat back facing the door, his black Off-White hoodie over his head.

"Aye. foe." A familiar looking man tapped the producer's shoulder. "They here."

Removing a pair of headphones, he spun in the chair with his hand in his pocket— clutching something protectively as he locked eyes with Khepri.

"Sev, this is Wick. Wick this is the artist I was tellin' you about, Sevyn." Alyssa introduced the two not knowing they'd already met.

It had been exactly a week since Wick's birthday party, and they had been thinking about each other nonstop.

It wouldn't have been hard to get in contact with each other. Both of them are public figures, share mutual connections, but couldn't find themselves to speak.

Khepri often found herself scrolling through his few Instagram pictures, and watching his brother's music videos to pause where he'd appear— Wick doing similar things on her page.

"Yo." Khep greeted plainly.

A hint of confusion flickered across Wick's face, which he covered with his natural mug and simply nodded at her.

"We haven't eaten yet, so we going to Waffle House. Anybody hungry?"

A series of yes' could be heard, as Lyssa nodded and gave her daughter a side hug. Linking arms with Deja, she left with everybody except Wick and Khepri.

Once the room had cleared, sexual tension filled it instead as the pair stared each other down.

Watching Wick raise slightly in the seat to fix his joggers, Khep shook her head in amusement.

"So you just gon act like you'on know me?"

"You here to work or talk?" She combatted his question with one of her own.

Laughing bitterly, Wick leaned over in the chair, resting his arm on his knee. "Who the fuck is you talk—"

Hearing the door unlock, the pair looked up and watched as Deja took a seat by the door. "Ian hungry."

Sensing the energy in the room, Tadeja threw her arms up. "My fault, I'm interrupting?"

"Not at all." Khep smirked. "Watchu got, Wick."

Fighting the urge to mug at the name, he sat back up and turned to the soundboard.

While Khepri didn't regret her actions, she wasn't necessarily proud of them. She acted in the moment, and couldn't blame anybody but herself— being damn near sober.

Khep knew better than to mess with somebody in the same industry as her. She'd seen it happen, and swore not to make the same mistake as her peers.

Yes, Khepri found Wick more than attractive but that wasn't enough for her to put her career on the line.

Yet.