Chapter 8 - Memories

(Pic: Pazuzu of Babylon)

~~

Pazuzu had been walking around an island he found was particularly crawling with Lust Demons. He hadn't expected to run into Angels, asleep in a cave.

Pazuzu was immediately reminded of his ex-wife. An Angel by the name of Artemis; Pazuzu smiled, remembering her dark hair and beautiful aquamarine eyes. The image was fuzzy in his head. It had been so damn long...

Pazuzu froze when one, the brunette, woke up. Pazuzu watched as the Angel panicked, "Kain! Kain, wake up!!"

Kain, the one with raven hair, sat up, "Wh-what..?" He opened his eyes. Kain's eye were a gorgeous sky blue. Pazuzu felt his heart squeeze as they sparkled, just like Artemis'. "O-oh my God-!!"

"....I can only assume," Pazuzu started, watching the Angels scramble to prepare for a fight, "that you are here for the same reason as me. Trying to figure out why so many Lusts are in the mortal realm?"

The brunette Angel rushed Pazuzu, throwing an Angel Blade at him. Pazuzu snapped his spine out, causing a massive curve in his body. His ribs poked at his skin, threatening to tear through. The aura of the Angel Blade caused nausea to sweep over Pazuzu. Pazuzu gave a long sigh, "I am no more your enemy than they are your friends."

Kain gave a angered look, "Wh-what were you g-going to do with us?!"

"Nothing? I was confused." Pazuzu blocked the brunette, grabbing him and shoving him, "Answer me. Are you here investigating the Lust presence?"

"What d-does it matter to y-you?" Kain asked, watching the brunette fail at another attack.

"Answer," Pazuzu demanded, grabbing the brunette and holding him still.

"Y-yes! Yes we are!" the Angel looked alarmed.

Pazuzu dropped the hostile Angel at Kain's feet. "Stay safe. If they know, they will hunt you."

"Who?" the brunette spat, "The Lusts? We know that!"

"Them too. But the squad that's being sent here by Lucifer himself."

"...Y-you mean.." Kain looked horrified, "...Hell d-didn't know? There's g-g-going to be m-more of you?"

"Correct."

"He's bluffing!" The hostile one announced.

"Am I? Angels are natural lie detectors. Especially Angels given a representation," Pazuzu folded his hands in front of him.

The Angels froze, radiating more fear than before. "H-how did you know?"

"Once, I married an Angel. She was Humility. She carried my child," Pazuzu shifted, "I'm certain you heard about the death of a Hybrid? A child born to a demon and an angel. She, Jade, was mine and Artemis' child." That confused and terrified the Angels. Pazuzu waited for a response, and when he got none, he shifted.

What he wasn't expecting, was for a familiar face to walk up. Asmodeus bowed, a traditional greeting in Lust, "Pazuzu."

"P-Pazuzu??!!" Kain stuttered, his fear spiking, "Pazuzu of B-Babylon?!"

"That's right," Pazuzu responded, turning to Asmodeus, "How can I help you, Azzy?"

Asmodeus moved closer to him, eyeing the Angels, "What the Hell is going on here?"

Pazuzu shrugged, "Looking to find out why Lusts are here."

"All of you?" Asmodeus asked. Pazuzu nodded, looking to the Angels to confirm. Asmodeus inhaled, "Marcov wants a colony of Lust Demons on Earth. No one knows why."

"...uh..?" The brunette was confused.

Pazuzu paused, "Oh. Ok. Cool. So, you're here to..?"

"Lead guard," Asmodeus scratched her wrist, "Apparently he's scared of you guys." She snickered. Kain paused, tilting his head. "Well, I got to go kill rapists and look pissed."

"...Alright. Stay safe." Asmodeus waved over her shoulder and walked away. Pazuzu stretched, "Okay, bye Angels. I figured out why they're here. I don't care anymore." He turned, though promised himself to see the Kain Angel another time.