Living a cliché

I can't believe it me and Timothee are going on that second date, I am so glad I didn't scare him off. Ever since I got my heart broken two years ago, I haven't been able to trust anyone, I was worried it would put too much pressure on people to keep me happy. But I have finally allowed myself to trust, and I'm so excited. He didn't seem repulsed or turned off by my past, he seemed to care. And what he said when I told him not to break my heart, "I wouldn't dare, if I did it would kill me" is echoing around my head and making me feel dizzy. I touch my head lightly and try and control my breathing.

"Are you okay, love?" Timothee asked wordily, his eyes meeting mine. My lips parted but I couldn't speak, instead I clamped my mouth shut and nodded instead. He turned his head, and we walked a bit faster, but I could tell there was a small smirk on his face. He knew what he was doing.

I rushed after him, he intertwined our fingers, and I felt my heart rate quicken. Why do I feel like this?

"Here we are!" he exclaimed brightly; he threw his hands up to gesture at the Eiffel tower. It was gorgeous, towering above us with bright sparkling lights. "Wow" I said breathlessly, Timothee looked down at me and chuckled. "Magnifique eh?" Timothee said, "oui" I replied with a terrible French accent.

Timothee laughed and pulled me closer towards the tower, "Come on I have to show you the view" he said. We walked up a ton of brass, metal stairs until we reached the top. The wind immediately smacked my face, plastering my hair to my face. Timothee chuckled and carefully combed my hair of my face. He held my cheek for a moment, his thumb tracing circles near my neck. I pursed my lips as butterflies entered my stomach, I looked in his eyes and felt safe, for once.

He grabbed my hand once again and guided me over to the railing. The view over Paris was breath-taking. The beautiful, Parisian buildings could be seen into the distance as the sun set in the sky. The ombre tones painted the sky as if it were a canvas, I was mesmerised. My eyes went over each detail as I tried to take it all in. Timothee placed his hand on my back and pointed his finger to one of the buildings, I shifted on my feet and looked in that direction. "That's the louvre" he said, I nodded and sneaked a glance at him.

"What" he chuckled, raising his eyebrow. I shook my head and looked down at my feet, "thanks for bringing me here, it's so pretty" I said brining my attention back to the view. Timothe smiled, "my pleasure" he whispered as he stepped behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. I felt his breath tickle my neck which sent shivers down my spine.

"I've got more to show you" He whispered, before I knew it, I was following him back down the stairs. Once we reached the ground, we strolled hand in hand down a quaint little street. We then came to the same little café we were in a few days ago. Timothee held the door open for me, I smiled and walked in. He came in after me and walked up to the desk, "Pick any patisserie you would like, darling?" he said kindly. I smiled brightly and looked at the display. Anything form cakes to croissants could be seen. I ordered a Y/C and Timothee ordered a slice of cake.

We then went back to the Eiffel tower and Timothee pulled something out of his tote bag he was carrying. It was a picnic blanket, he laid it down on the grass and surprisingly did a forwards roll on to it. I laughed and covered my mouth with my hand. He smiled and patted the space next to him, I sat down.

He picked a spot which was facing the Eiffel tower. It was perfect.

We started eating our pastries and it was delicious, he was right that café was amazing. "What can I say I know my pastries" Timothee said whilst paying close attention to his cake, my jaw fell. "How did you-" I began but his chuckle stopped me. "I could tell from your expression" He stated. I nodded slowly and continued to eat, "Wait how long were you watching me" I asked slowly. Timothee blushed, he actually blushed. "Uh, long enough" He smiled.

We locked eyes and then I helplessly blushed too, we both looked down and awkwardly avoided eye contact. He sniggered and looked back up towards me, "sorry, I have never met anyone like you" Timothee mumbled. I smiled brightly. "Timothee, I'm nothing special. You're the one who is kind inspirational and well gorgeous, I mean-" I rambled, suddenly realising what I had admitted. His eyes widened slightly, he licked his lips and smiled. My cheeks flared up, so I decided to carry on eating my food.

Once the silence became irritating, I cleared my throat and said "Sorry". Timothee looked at me surprised, "no need to apologise, I'm the one being awkward" he said. I shook my head but before I knew it something cold and sticky was on my nose. He had put some cake frosting on my nose. I narrowed my eyes at him and dapped frosting on his nose too.

Soon enough we were in a food fight, smiles engraved on our faces.

We were both dying of laughter as we fell backwards on the picnic mat, I was holding my stomach from the pain of laughing. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer towards him. Butterflies entered my stomach as I leaned my head on his chest. We stared up at the now dark sky and admired the millions of stars embedded in the darkness.

Timothee grabbed my hand and lifted it up in the air, he moved my hand slightly to the left before saying "That's the big dipper" he whispered in my ear. Shivers travelled down my spine; how did he seem to know everything? "You like astrology as well! What don't you know?" I exclaimed. He lent his head back and closed his eyes, "when to kiss you" he whispered.

Hey guys, hope you liked this chapter!

I have external exams soon so I wont be posting much btw

steph <3