déjà vu

"You Know I'm feeling a strange sense of déjà vu, are you?" Timothee says jokingly, his voice startling me. I immediately turn and face him. I hold my hand to my chest and exhale heavily, "sorry you made me jump" I say breathlessly. He smirks and studies my face, his eyes trace my features and until I feel heat rushing through my skin. I lift my hand to comb a hair that had fallen into my face, but he stops me, he lifts his hand and combs my piece of hair behind my ear. "Magnifique" he whispers. My breath stops suddenly.

He called me beautiful again but in French!

His eyes darken as his gaze wanders to my lips, I part my lips slowly and gaze into his eyes. I let out my held breathe and pursed my lips, "you called me beautiful again" I say. He gasps slightly and lifts his eye bow, "you speak French?" he says, as if he were shocked. "Only a bit" I giggle, he nods slowly and places his hand on my cheek. My face flushes again and I see the corner of his mouth twitch into a smirk, "So, why do you think I love the mona Lisa?" He asks abruptly as he takes his hand away from my face.

I gulp and bite my lip, "You tell me" I say. He nods once again and stares towards the painting. He studies it's every detail before turning back to me, "she's a mystery, just like you". I am suddenly faltered by his words; I frown deeply and open my mouth to say something before he chuckles under his breathe. I am lost for words once again.

"I have never met anyone like you; hence you are a mystery" he states, his attention still on the painting. He takes only one peek to see my confused expression and then explains "You are just like a painting, on the outside you are beautiful in every way yet unique, but on the inside, you are a mystery. Just like this painting, why only half a smile?" He asks, more to the painting than me.     

"You want to get to know me?" I giggle, "you could have just said that!" I exclaimed. He smiles but does not meet my eyes, "I could have but where's the fun in that" he says. When his eyes meet mine once again, he holds my hand and begins guiding me away from the painting, "so how about we get lunch" he chuckled. I hold back a smile and say, "sure Timothee"

Time skip

"What do you think, love?" Timothee whispers in my right ear. Shivers travelled down my spine, I must hold back the urge to grin uncontrollably. "Uh, it's beautiful" I manage to say, sort of breathlessly. He had taken me down towards the Eiffel tower where his favourite coffee shop was next to.

It was a quaint, beautifully decorated café. Vines and flowers travelled all around the white bricked building and fairy light shone from inside the café. My eyes were, however, still focused on the tall man stood next to me. "Shall we go in" I hesitated, trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach as his arm draped around my shoulder. He nodded his head slightly and guided me through the flowered archway, entrance.

Once in the coffee shop, we took a seat opposite each other on two velvet chairs next to the window. I watched the busy day life of Paris in awe, many people in professionally dressed outfits strode past holding bouquets of flowers and croissants. I giggled slightly at the cliched atmosphere until I felt his gaze on me. Once again heat flushed through my body until I was coated in this unusual tingly sensation, I pursed my lips and looked back at him. "Hi" I mumbled, "hi" he repeated solemn tone.

A waiter approached us and asked for our order in French, obviously. I however was not capable of speaking fluently so instead Timothee ordered for me. "Can I have a black coffee with steamed milk on the side" Timothee confidently stated in French. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as I listened to the harmony of his voice. How did he make me feel this way even though I couldn't understand him?

"Y/N?" he asked, his words brought me out of my trance. And soon enough shock waves travelled trough me. I had been staring at Timothee, and he'd noticed, even the waiter was suppressing a grin. 

Oh god

"Y/C please" I said to Timothee and then immediately averted my eyes out towards the landscape. Once the waiter had left, I herd a soft chuckle coming from Timothee, I turned to him with a guilty expression plastered on my face. "It's alright darling, I understand how dreamy I can be" Timothee said in a smug tone, he was mocking me. Great. I flushed crimson and bit down on my lip, "no-o I was locking at the menu behind you" I stuttered. He nodded and raised an eyebrow, as if to say he could see right through me.

The drinks arrived a couple minutes later, and I quickly took a sip of my drink, "wow" I said. Timothee nodded, "the drinks are incredible" he said.

"So, what are these earth-shattering fun facts I must here" I asked, doing air quotation marks with my fingers. He laughed and lent back in his chair, "I have many but instead I want to get to know you" He suggested. He leaned forwards, resting his elbows on the table. "What is your favourite colour mystery girl?" he asked, whilst narrowing his eyes at me. I frowned, "what?" I chuckled. "A colour can say a lot about a person" he explained, I lifted an eyebrow telling him to elaborate. "Picasso favourite colour was blue suggesting he was in despair yet full of creativity and passion" He said.

I nodded and then exclaimed, "My favourite colour is Y/F/C". His eyes softened as he contemplated my words. "You perceive yourself as unworthy or incapable however you have the passion and inspiration to do great things. You are trustworthy, kind, yet do not fear to share your true opinion. You have a fear in opening-up to others but secretly enjoy social communication but value alone time. You are most importantly smart and creative but concealing... something". He spoke with a blank expression.

I stiffened as I digested his words. He only stared at me, waiting for my answer. I should feel upset or disheartened by his words, but I don't, because there all true.

Okay I promise I am done posting for today haha

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter, see you soon!

steph :)