1 | Off the Grid

CHAPTER ONE | OFF THE GRID

After Steve and Natasha had rescued the Avengers on his team from the Raft, Wanda and I had fled to Edinburgh with Vision. We lived off the grid there, hiding for two years after violating the Accords. We were fugitives.

Wanda and Vision had developed a relationship that turned into a romantic one as he began to take on a human appearance.

One night, we stayed in a comfortable room. Wanda sat on a bed near the window where Vision stood, and I sat on the other bed on the other side of the room. Vision grimaced in pain as the Mind Stone was a signal for something.

"Vis?" I asked standing up. "Is it the Stone again?"

We both walked toward him. "It's as if it's speaking to me," he told me.

"What does it say?" Wanda asked.

"I don't... I don't know. But something... Tell me what you feel." She touches the stone and lightly trickles red mist into it.

She looks up at him. "I just feel you."

Vision takes her hand and kisses it. They share a passionate kiss. A warm-hearted smile comes across my face.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

We took a walk through the streets of Edinburgh when we noticed an attack in New York.

"So there's a 10 AM to Glasgow to give us more time together before you went back," Wanda tells him.

"What if I miss that train?" He asks.

"There is an 11," I say.

"What if I missed all the trains? What if this time, I didn't go back?"

"You gave Stark your word."

"I'd rather give it to both of you."

"There are people who are expecting us too, you know. We all made promises," said Wanda.

"Not to each other. Girls... For two years, we've stolen these moments, trying to see if this could work. And... I don't know. You know what, I'm just gonna speak for myself. I-" He stammers.

"It works," Wanda said.

"It works." I chuckled. "Then stay. Stay with me. Or not. If I'm overstepping..."

In a window, a TV shows a news story of an attack in New York. Since then, Tony has gone missing as a result.

"What are they?" I asked in worry.

"What the stone was warning me about. I have to go." He starts to walk away.

"No. Vision. If that's true... Then maybe going isn't the best idea," Wanda says.

"Wanda, Y/N, I..." Corvus Glave arrives and stabs Vision in the back.

"Vision!" We yelled in unison.

I stood behind Wanda in a defensive stance as she gets ready to blast Corvus. We don't see Proxima Midnight, who blasts us away in a nearby building through the window. Corus pins Vision down trying to extract the Mind Stone from his head.

Pulling a piece of glass out of my stomach, Wanda and I recovered. I blasted both Corvus and Proxima away before lifting Vision to someplace safe. We flew to a nearby alley.

"The blade. It stopped me from phasing," he says panting.

"Is that even possible?" Wanda asks as she heals Vision's wound.

"It isn't supposed to be. My systems are failing. I'm beginning to think... we should have stayed in bed." Wanda smiles.

Glave arrives again, and Vision pushes me and Wanda to the side. He goes after Vision again.

"Vis!" Wanda yells. Proxima takes the opportunity to attack me and Wanda. She tries her hardest to stab us with her spear but we take turns deflecting it with our powers.

Glave pushes Vision against a wall. "Give up the Stone, and they live."

Vision and Corvus fly up to the roof of a building while Wand and I are still fighting Proxima from below. I stop the spear once more before we both hear Vision's cries from above. Bending her back, Wanda throws Proxima into a flaming car before we both fly up to where Vision is.

"Hands off," Wanda tells Corvus, throwing a blast at him.

Grabbing Vision from either side, Wanda and I try to fly to safety when Proxima blasts all three of us, causing us to crash into a train station. I get up from the fall and crawl toward Vision. Wanda does the same.

"Come on. Come on. Come on, you gotta get up. You gotta get up. Come on. Hey. Hey. We have to go," she tells him, panting.

"Please. Please leave."

"You asked us to stay... we're staying," I said.

"Please."

"Vis, please get up," I pleaded.

Corvus and Proxima land behind us, ready to attack. Wanda and I, standing side by side, conjure energy in our hands before noticing something behind us. I feel someone else in our presence. A train passes as we see the silhouette of someone. Proxima throws her spear and the person catches it swiftly.

They step into the light to reveal that it's Steve who now has a beard. Sam arrives next, swooping in his Falcon suit, and kicking Proxima. He attacks Corvus next.

My smile gets bigger as I see Natasha, who's sporting short blonde hair, sliding in and stabbing Corvus with Proxima's spear. The trio attack both of them before Proxima is cowering over Corvus.

"Get up," she tells Corvus.

"I can't."

"We don't wanna kill you. But we will," Natasha says.

"You'll never get the chance again." She and Corvus leave in a blue beam.

They walk over to me, Vision, and Wanda. "Can you stand?" Sam asks.

Sam, Wanda, and I stand Vision up. He looks at Steve. "Thank you, Captain."

"Let's get you on the jet," Steve says.

We all get on the Quinjet as Nat closes the doors. "I thought we had a deal. Stay close, check in. Don't take any chances."

Wanda apologizes. "I'm sorry. We just wanted time."

"Where to, Cap?" Sam asks.

"Home."