1. missin' you - (g.h.)

year : 1964

george and the boys were on tour, again.

    i've been waiting quite a while for george to come back, my bed left empty with just me and no one else. i didn't realise how miserable life would be just living alone for a week. he's been on many tours already, but i just seem to forget the pain when he comes back to me. i miss our times when we'd hang around with no worries about his work, and all we cared about was our own romance, our vow to never split, and to have a carefree future. as the days go by, it seems he and the lads get more and more popular, and as they pass by our relationship seems to slow, to me at least. 

     though i love george as much as i did when we'd first met, sometimes i worry if his feelings are still the same. i know how the other boys liked to play with women when we were young, but i'm scared that this is the case for george now. 

i know it's not okay to be jealous, but i really cannot help it. every time he's around another woman, every time i come and try to confront him, i always shake the thoughts and hide. perhaps i'm just being paranoid?

then, the telephone begins to ring, and i rush to pick up the call. begging to hear his voice once again.

-"hey, hello? george?" 

-"marcie!" oh god, i'm so sorry for not ringing you that often. i've been beat, y'know? been playing all day and night. why don't you tell me how you've been?"

-"oh, george, i've been missing you more and more. when will you be back? i hope you're having fun, but i've been terribly sad. i really miss you and your voice, georgie."

-"well, marce. i've been missing you even more. you don't want to know what i've done to keep myself from thinking too hard about you now. and to answer your question, i'm right outside town. i'll be back by tomorrow."

a brief silence interrupts the call.

-"you haven't been shagging other girls now,  geo?" i say partly-joking.

he begins to laugh hysterically. 

-"marcia miller, you really think i'd do something that ill to a girl like you? oh god, i'd never. i'm not like the others, you know? i have a loving woman at home, that i've already vowed loyalty to. i'll be back soon, alright? i've been gone that long to drive you mad, haven't i?"

-"hmph. well, that may be true. i've been staying up late thinking about you." 

-"now, don't do doing that love. get some rest while you can, alright? you know i love you more than anything. can't have you losing sleep cause of me, though it is flattering ain't it?" he chuckles

-"well, if you insist. it's half past 2 already, so i'll get some sleep. i love you so much you hear?"

-"alright, dearie. i'll see you tomorrow, alright? i love you, and sleep tight." 

he sends a kiss through the telephone

-"oh, george. what would i do without you?"

we laugh, i send a dramatic kiss back, and end the call after another fit of giggles.

notes:

im going to kill myself