A Death Knight's Elegant Escape

Lexi's eyes glittered in the dawn of the glinting sunlight. Jen's head lay on her lap, sleeping heavily and peacefully. Blair was lying on the opposite side of her, her stomach shown, sleeping upside down against her thigh.

...It's time to head back, about now. I've got a long list of visitors.

She, with silent incantations not to awaken her two companions, summoned a ghoul.

Hmm. Hello again, Rotrock. Go have some fun, yes? Go along, now!

The ghoul gave a grin, squealing with grim delight. "A feast! A feast!"

She flicked her hand, the ghoul running off and making a shriek, attracting the attention of the orcs. Luckily, with the help of covering Jen's ears, the Sin'dorei remained asleep. Blair, she was not so lucky. Murky, sleepy cat eyes looked up at Lexi.

Sorry, you're not coming this time.

Lexi stood up, Jen grumbling a few times. The smaller elf curled back up into a ball, Blair leaping into her arms in any means to distract her for Lexi's getaway. Jen glanced around, blinking, eyes unfocused. Lexi stood right in front of her, but in the dark. A place just right to meld into the shadows, without moving. She didn't breathe for a few three minutes, absolutely straight. This was no problem for an undead like her. So she shadowmelded, listening to the noises Jen made as she attempted sleep once more.

Oh, fel. Sleep, Jen. My ghoul is probably killed by now.

And like a wish to whatever god would take the living dead as subjects, Jen fell asleep. Blair peeked her head over Jen's shoulder, giving a smile.

Thank you, Kind old friend.

Another shriek was heard outside, most likely Rotrock once again. Time to get to work! Lexi stepped from the shadows, raising her arms in a summoning ritual. Shadows from the floor moved into a ball in front of her, then turned into a flat oval, the shadows raising into thick tendrils, imitating walls. The monstrosity of a portal flickered, and which was once empty now filled with the image of an even more ghastly place. Undead walked in what seemed to be a city, abominations walked beside skeletons, undead, necromancers, ghiests, scourge and the high-ranking Death Knights of the Ebon Blade. Bones and blood scattered around the ground, and deathly blue fires raged in the forges.

Blair gave one more look to Lexi, perking her head to the side as Lexi stepped inside the portal. Once inside, she turned back to wave at her.

Rotrock sprinted into the portal, an axe in his head and whimpering loudly. "Mistress no forget Rotrock!"

Lexi giggled, snapping the portal shut.