𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

She arose in the morning and stretched, seeing how the sun hadn't shone through her window, she deduced that it was just before dawn. As per routine - she rolled out of bed and pushed herself to the closet, pulling out the purple dress which represented the kingdom and slipping into it.

It had been a week or so since she arrived. Her adjustment period was too dull for her to recall. The waking up incredibly late, the confusion around the halls. None of it was worth reminding nor mentioning. She, since then, got into the traditional routine of waking up early and helping with the maids, as she was used to. Joyously, she would serve the royal family before joining them and telling them her stories while travelling. The people she saw and her experiences at night. All of it. Hopefully they enjoyed her company as much as she enjoyed being in theirs.

Venus's letter rested at her vanity, it arrived the evening before, and Hertha hadn't gotten to writing back. But since she had time, she picked up the letter and read over it. It spoke of the castle, Venus meeting with who was wanted. How they were so lovely and welcoming - empathising with their situation. She spoke about her potions, she would go around trying the potion on people. Hertha personally thought it was unethical but she couldn't stop Venus through parchment and plume - plus, it wasn't Hertha's main concern.

Even so, Hertha wrote back, humming a small tune as she did. Once finished, and cursing herself for getting some stray ink on the paper, she rolled it up and took it with her as she walked past the many towering servants who worked in the castle. They waved at her as she spun past and dropped her paper off with Hygelac - the knight she grew well acquainted with; along with their partner, Alecto.

Her morning continued with a broom in hand and her knights, Alecto and Hygelac watching over her and talking with her. Hertha played a clever game, she was growing well acquainted with everyone in the castle. Her engagement with Ranboo therefore wouldn't be a surprise, but more a celebration. And it was worth it, the pair spent hours in each other's company and everyone knew it. In fact, "will you tell us how you met the prince now?" Hygelac asked. The knight wanted to know since Alecto prodded at the two blatantly liking each other.

"It's boring." She replied with a scoff, sweeping with a maid beside her. The maid was a pale girl, with green patches of moss dotted around her body and blue hair. Uniquely enough, the hair was her natural hair colour and she had piercing blue eyes, which could actually glow if it were dark enough. Her name was Preta.

"You've been saying that, but come on!" The girl beside Hertha urged, a faint gargle emitting from her throat as it usually did when she spoke.

"Truly? Oh you three." Hertha huffed and continued, not talking as she saw Alecto get ready to speak for themselves.

"Three!? I don't care!" They argued and placed their armoured hands on their armoured hips, "I don't associate." Alecto corrected with an attitude.

"Watch your tone." Hertha warned in a motherly fashion instead of a monarchist fashion. "But it wasn't too exciting. We met when he visited a ball at my kingdom. We spoke because no one else wanted to talk to him. We have kept contact since then." She briefly explained, hearing Preta beside her laugh.

"That really was boring. Wow. Nothing exciting?" She asked with amazement.

"No! I travelled for a while but those stories grew to be the same overtime." Hertha shot back and helped Preta pick up the dust.

"Well that guy who always visits the prince is coming today." Hygelac chimed in, "he's a fellow from another kingdom trying to keep good terms with him. I think it's a debt to make even? I don't know." They elaborated after seeing Hertha's confused face.

"Oh him. Basically, the guy is from a kingdom? No one cares. Anyway, apparently the prince has this thing that he was after. But after a situation where the prince...  I think he brought him back from the dead? Yeah. As I was saying; the guy who used to torment and bully our prince is now sort of indebted, since you know, he has another shot at life." Preta explained and looked around.