𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

With some brief explanation from Venus, Hertha had brought Dove to where they were, she walked in to see Sapnap hugging Venus and shaking. As well as Beatrice crying into her daughter's shoulders. No one else was there. It was too early. People weren't resurrecting the village just yet.

"Hertha, take my shoes." Venus offered and slipped off the boots, handing them to Hertha kindly. It confused Hertha until she saw Venus put on another pair her mother handed to her. Without much else to do with the shoes, Hertha slipped them into her apron pocket. She'd need to get a bag quickly. "And here," the princess gave Hertha a bag. Convenient timing.

"V-Venus please... let me... please." Sapnap croaked dryly, trying not to cry as the woman pulled Hertha onto the horse behind her. "I- what else can I do!? Please! Let me come along!" He reached out while Venus shook her head.

"You've got a life here, Sapnap. Just think about me, okay? I left your dagger in my room. I want you to remember me by something, our dagger. I already have something to remember you by. All I can say now is that I'll miss you. I'll miss you mother, please. All I ask is that you think of me fondly." Venus smiled pitifully and began clopping away. Skies had darkened and rain began to fall as Hertha held onto Venus and they bounded away, Hertha looked back to see Sapnap calling one last time, only for the call to reach deaf ears. Not even Hertha could hear him.

They ventured westward from the kingdom, leaving further away from both the villages and the weather - feeling the rain increase before gradually decreasing as Venus continued across the continent. Venus spoke up after some silence, "we'll travel as far away as possible from Olympa... we'll just ride for today, then at night, we can sort out our situation. There isn't a plan from here on, Hertha. We'll be out here for a while." She elaborated. Hertha rested her head against Venus's back and sighed.

She didn't think it would be that easy to run away. She thought Venus would refuse to take her, insisting she stayed since she had a life: quite like Sapnap did. Hertha would have to thank the knight, if they ever met again - he taught Venus how to use a sword, how to use a blade in general. Hertha would sit to the side and watch the two fight sometimes, ready with a first aid kit for Venus, since she was the only one getting hurt. But it made the woman stronger, it made her strategic, determined. It was like Sapnap was slowly building a woman for war. Which would have worked. Hertha only hoped he met someone as active and physical as he was - Venus was more invested in books, though she tried her hardest, progress would never nearly be as slow with a more proactive woman as opposed to the princess.

Whatever, Hertha had other things to worry about. Like the fact she was running away with a princess and was apparently engaged to Ranboo. She also wanted to think about what Henry said - her immunity to monsters. They wouldn't attack her. Even if they did, Venus would probably make quick work of them.

"So, Hertha. Why are you running away?" Venus asked, though Hertha felt the answer was clear, "you have a mother, a house, friends. Why would you want to leave?" She continued without looking away from the route.

"Well, I feel I'll regret it later... when I can't see them, when I won't have a bed to sleep in anymore, where I won't have somewhere to hide when I'm scared. There was a lot I left behind. So did you... why have you been exiled?" She responded in return, not willing to answer quite yet.

"Cecilla exposed some letters Technoblade sent me of his war plans. I don't actually recall receiving anything majorly political from the man, we shared general conversations. But what can I say? We have hundreds of letters together." She sighed, "but now I'm a traitor, apparently. So I suppose I'll run away. But you never answered my questions." She shot back passively.

"W-Well... mother saw me. She saw me in this and... she told me I was engaged. She said I was insolent... I was... stupid. How I wasn't her daughter because no daughter would lie to her. Venus, what have I done?" Hertha asked, feeling dread grow from where she felt nothing.