𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

"Hygelac, I think we can stand down." Alecto mumbled nearly nervously and straightened up as Hygelac, their guard friend, quickly and messily shoved on their helmet and stood back in place.

Hertha stood staring at Ranboo with awe, tears practically brimming as she thought of what she had thrust to the side for survival. How could she have forgotten? She had a life with people before all of the exploring.

"Sorry, I just realised; Hertha! Venus!" He bowed to the princess, "oh wow... It's been three months! Y-You two have grown a little. Go where have you two been!?" Ranboo asked while opening the gates and walking backwards. Hertha and Venus followed behind, Venus politely waving at the guards before she left. They both realised at the same time that Ranboo was holding something in his hand, a stick with two prongs at the end, "it's the royal bident. I hold it as the current heir to the throne... uh... gosh this is weird... uhm..." a small pause, "how have you found Styx?" He asked suddenly.

"I- oh... I love... the... ah- uh..." Hertha couldn't find the words herself. Sure she could scream Ranboo's name and say she could kiss him, yet she was ashamed to speak any more. It really didn't take much for the two to begin acting like a sappy couple.

Venus could nearly sigh, she realised Hertha needed him since she wasn't talking much, but she was talking even less given the fact that she was next to him. At least it wasn't a mistake, "we've found it great. Well, I should start heading back to Dove. I'm sorry Hertha." Venus turned heel.

"What? Don't you want to meet my sisters? Where are you off to?" Ranboo turned around to confirm along with Hertha, who had a blank face.

The girl wanted to say she was devastated yet a part of her knew that Venus would be happier, she'd be better off and she'd be more progressive by herself. Taking care of both herself and the maid was stressful even if it was half of the workload. But Hertha didn't really want to admit to it. She wanted to keep Venus. But the woman had set herself up with Dove on the other end.

"Hertha, don't look at me like that. I'm not adventuring anymore. I've got somewhere to be now. Phil's wife is such a wonderful lady, she'll help us out for sure. I don't know how much you need help anymore, but... don't worry. I have a place to be. I've survived this much, I can survive more. I love you, darling, I'll write, okay?" Venus smiled and went over, she gently placed a caring hand on Hertha's cheek and watched the girl only slowly nod.

"D'you want me to teleport you to the docks? I can teleport you all the way to Kristen's if you'd like." Ranboo easily offered Venus, who considered it.

"I'll pass, I have my horse to bring." Venus swatted off, hugging the slightly sticky Hertha below her.

"I can bring the horse too! Be right back, Hertha. Just explore." Ranboo pulled Venus away by just a step before they both vanished.

Hertha was truly alone, at the front of the castle. It didn't matter all too much, the doors opened for the blonde girl and she stepped in, suddenly swept off of her feet - leading to Hertha dropping her bag. A taller girl, bright and starry-eyed spun Hertha around, giggling happily, "hi! I'm Erena! Ranboo's younger sister! Could you tell?" She asked, Hertha truly getting a look at her.

Sleek, black hair and bright green eyes. She had a similar facial structure to Ranboo, slightly long and slightly slender. However she didn't have a long mouth and a jawline that could unhinge - like her older brother. But she was tall and wore blue, merrily smiling at Hertha. Surely the girl wasn't anything older than 18. Overall, a stunning girl, "how old are you? Are you Ranboo's new girlfriend?" Erena excitedly asked, "you're so adorable!" She squealed.

"I-I'm Hertha," she introduced herself through her shock, "20... I think... a-and I... I'm not Ranboo's girlfriend..." Though she should have been flustered or saddened that she confessed what she did, Hertha found herself invested in Erena's charming looks. It wasn't often Hertha would meet someone so chipper, it felt like everyone was so... mundane and stoic.