𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

As they spoke, the current gradually grew faster until the pair were speeding down on powdered ice. They screamed and cheered childishly as they zoomed down the glacier. Hertha could barely hear with the sound of wind and ice moving at such high speeds by her ears. She wanted to clap as Ranboo did a trick to impress her, but holding onto the shield for dear life as she kept her form was slightly more important. She watched him do a few more a fair distance away before he turned and joined her. They both stared at each other for a moment, and it felt like the world had stopped between them, all they could hear was the wind rushing as they smiled at each other with a new form of glee.

Then they fell. The glacier spat them out into the ocean below but with the sheer momentum of their acceleration; they were in the air for a while. It wasn't as if they hit the water, Ranboo hugged onto Hertha and they teleported onto land before hearing the shields splash into the ocean below.

As a duo, they stayed silent for a moment before beginning to laugh. It was the only thing they could do.

"God, that was the coolest!" Hertha sighed and lay in the snow. She couldn't feel her body, the wind had dropped her body temperature by at least a degree. Ranboo pulled her up and better wrapped his cloak around her, "we have to do that again," she tucked herself into the cloak as Ranboo stood up, "make a sport out of it!" She cheered.

"Let's get you back. I think it's time we get to leave." He pulled her up and walked with her along the snow.

"Why? We weren't there for long." She looked up at her companion, who seemed to be acting funny for a while.

"Yeah but we're a pretty far distance away." Ranboo sighed and looked around. Hertha followed behind and saw that the place was desolate. Not anything in sight. Not even a forest like Technoblade had grown. The whole place was eerily quiet and desolate, Hertha wasn't sure how fast she was actually going to travel so far. "Sorry about this bit, I wouldn't mind teleporting us but it's pretty draining, you know?" He tried to make conversation.

"True." She agreed simply and looked around some more. Everything was just white. It was almost boring, as the light snow fell and rested against Ranboo's cloak. "Whatever. Let's get to talking! I want to learn about you." She offered excitedly. Ranboo seemed to go relatively pale.

"We know quite a bit about each other. Don't you think so?" He chuckled quietly, "I mean... I don't know much about you..." he added and looked down at her calmly.

"I- okay... do you have anything you want to really know about me?" She offered with slight anxiety. No one was really interested in her. People just assumed they knew her since she had a big job.

"Uh... thoughts on early marriage?" He suddenly queried; it was a random question he asked while smiling at her.

"Hm... it does sound... nice. Only royal people court early. Otherwise I would have, I suppose. Sorry... I associate marriage with having kids. I'm not up for early childbirth, but marriage does sound quite sweet... romantic perhaps. What about you?" She turned to him instinctively and he thought for a second while staring at her.

"Uh... I... guess... well I don't know what is considered early! I guess getting engaged young sounds nice. Maybe marriage when w- Hm..." he paused and thought for a moment, covering a slip-up he made, "but... getting married at 21 sounds about right. I want to meet the right person but when I say I want to live the rest of my life with them, I really mean it." While making hand gestures to add effect. Hertha nodded and thought about it.

"I agree... actually. Engagement sounds far more charming at a young age. Hm... yes... I do agree with you. I'd like to get engaged at a young age." Hertha agreed and nodded. There was a silence as the two walked.