Chapter Thirteen

Natalie turned around to face Kenneth. "I have evidence, ok? Let's go." She grabbed his hand aggressively and impatiently and dragged him along the pavement.

They arrived at Ali's mansion. God, the place looked like heaven. The mansion was all concrete and tall glass windows that gave a view of the high mountains. There was a mighty oak tree in the centre and the grand house had been built around it.

Natalie gave the huge door a mighty push, grunting as she slightly struggled. The doors creaked open and slowly revealed a dark and empty hall. A gust of wind blew across the room, causing the candles to flicker and die down. The two heard another creak following after their steps, and the door sealed shut. Tiny bits of light attempted to seep under the door. Darkness engulfed the room, the two could barely make out the silhouette of the doorway.

"How can Ali live here? I can see nothing! Well, except black." Kenneth chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, but failed miserably, his awkward laugh dying down. His voice echoed around the room. But it wasn't the only noise in the room, the sound of the slippers flip flopping echoed around, making the duo alert. A shadowy figure appeared behind them.

"I am sorry if it scared you. Are you both ok?" the unknown figure asked.

The two turned around, but they could only make out the silhouette of the mysterious person.

"Oops, sorry," the person giggled, covering its mouth even though no one could see anything.

With a flick of the switch, a majestic and grand chandelier descended slowly. It radiated to every corner of the previously dark room.

"We should have just searched for a light switch. Instead of scaring the hell out of ourselves." Kenneth rolled his eyes, giving Natalie a glance.

"Shut up." Natalie hissed, looking back at him.

The two finally had a chance to reveal the identity of the creepy shadowy figure. It was Ali.

"Holy crap. It was you the whole freaking time? You scared —MMPH" Natalie slapped Kenneth's mouth to quit his rambling.

"Oh hey Nat! Your aura seemed...different," Ali giggled.

"Shut up," she growled, fury filling her eyes, "Why did you kill them all? WHY DID YOU HOLD MY MOTHER HOSTAGE?"

"Natalie, is this some kind of misunderstanding because—"

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT BULLSHIT!" Tears streamed down her cheeks as she screamed at her.

"Nat, calm down. Nat!" Kenneth shook her shoulders vigorously.

Natalie flung him aside, staring into Ali's soul, "I KNOW IT IS YOU!"

A smirk was visible on Ali's face, staring back at her sassily, "How did you know?"

Natalie gritted her teeth, obviously angered by her, "Your words," she growled, "The murderer said something when she held my mother hostage. She said Miss Johnson deserved to die because she had an affair."

"So?" Beads of sweat were dripping down Ali's face, a little afraid as to why Natalie was so smart. She admitted she was quite taken aback that Natalie noticed the words, her words. But she still had to play innocent as she was ordered to.

"Surely you have noticed your grave mistake. No one knew about Johnson's affair... except the three of us." 

"It could have been one of the police," Ali smirked, crossing her arms.

"Have you forgotten what you said?" Natalie smirked, coming up with the perfect comeback, "You said because we told Johnson about the case, you ended it there. Remember?"

.......................................

Author's note: Hellooo, welcome back! So the truth has been revealed! Dun-dun-dun! :-) Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you next time! Don't forget to Vote and Comment!