Chapter Eleven

"Yo feel sick," Buckson repeated as if she had never heard the word before. "DO YO DINK I DON'T?" she bellowed. "I VEEL SICK BY CEEING ALL OF YOU!" She inhaled a deep breath. "Wat is your name?"

"Ali Coad."

"COAD. Yas, you kan leeve. Get out! "

Ali scampered towards the exit, her feet taking control of itself. "NOWWW!" Buckson boomed. Ali flinched and ran away as if Buckson could take her life.

"Noww letz kontinue."

But after hearing her insulting words to the others, the entire class hated her even more. No one wanted to interact with her. Just like that, school ended in anger.

Natalie and Kenneth didn't care. Their guts squirmed inside their bodies. They were about to spill the dark secrets kept inside them for weeks. They would let the police know. They would tell them about the fake Grim Reaper. They would reveal everything, everything they knew about it.

The two swung their bags over their shoulders and zoomed their way to the police station. They ran and ran and didn't stop, no matter how their legs were aching. It felt like a fire was set to their legs, burning and slowly making its way up.

They didn't stop when Kenneth's bag split open and the contents fell out. Not even when Kenneth's favourite Nintendo switch fell out, hitting the floor in pain.

The station was finally in sight after so much running. All they needed to do was just cross the heavy traffic road. They believed that everything would get better. But it backfired.

Reality is cruel. Natalie received a phone call. "+1 443 212 487" was displayed on the screen.

"Look. Whoever this is right now. I am ——"

A muffled voice was on the phone, cutting off the previous. "Do you care about your mother?"

"WHAT—"

"NATALIE HELP!" There was a frantic cry. Natalie never thought her mother could make such a sound. A broken, cracked, panicked scream.

Natalie was shocked; she could barely move. Kenneth snatched the phone. "WHO ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

A muffled laugh came. Simple but villainous words followed "Simple. Get away from the police station. And I will not kill you. Or else ..."

Kenneth dragged Natalie away. Not caring about the pedestrians' stares, Kenneth continued yelling. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS? YOU SCUMBAG! WHAT'S YOUR INTENTION?"

"You entered the hallway. You've seen something that is not supposed to be seen."

"THEN WHAT ABOUT JOHNSON? SHE DID NOT GO IN! SHE IS INNOCENT! WHY DID YOU KILL HER AT SCHOOL?"

"You told her about the case at school, so I ended it there. By the way, she isn't innocent. She had an affair. SHE CHEATED ON HER BOYFRIEND! YOU GODDAMN SHIT!" The mysterious man took a deep breath after the dramatic yelling. Don't tell anyone what happened today. Or you will be sorry."

The two barely heard his words while racing back to Natalie's house. Natalie was like a walking zombie, except she was running. The pain on her legs returned, as she sprinted down the street. She prayed for her mother to be fine. But knowing that the serial killer held her mother hostage, it is most unlikely her mother would be fine.

And indeed, she wasn't. Her mother was lying on the floor, unconscious. Blood gushed from her stomach and seeped through her clothes, bright red stained the carpet. The two rushed her to the hospital immediately.

The cops arrived to investigate the case while Natalie's mother was undergoing emergency surgery.

"Miss Towing, did your mother suffer from an attack?"

Natalie wanted to tell them so badly. She thought of multiple reasons. Each lies less believable than the next, causing her brain to fizzle from all that thinking.

"No... It was..." She took a deep breath. "A suicide."

"Suicide?" A cop frowned, finding her words not too believable.

Natalie sighed. She controlled her quivering voice. "My mother called when we were going home just now. She told me she was sorry for everything, especially Roxanne. Kenneth and I feared something may happen to her, and we rushed home as soon as possible."

"Who is Roxanne?" 

.............................................

Author's note: it was really short. Did you think Natalie was right about lying? Who is Roxanne?By the way, this chapter is a very important chapter since most of the clues are here. Try to find it out. It is actually very easy to find. Go drink a cup of water and don't forget to Vote and Comment! See ya!