Chapter 43

AUTHOR'S POV

"I'll take her with me," Yoongi said to Hoseok and RaIm while Ari was sitting on the bed, her eyes empty, face pallid, she seemed as if a lifeless body.

"I can take her with me," RaIm proposed.

"How would you? Don't you live in a hostel?"

"Yes. But I'll manage for her. It'll be difficult for you to take care of her and also... Awkward."

Yoongi and Hoseok contemplated, she had a point. But they still cannot let RaIm to take charge, after all she is just a student.

"Why don't you come along with me," Yoongi urged.

"What? No. My parents won't allow that," she responded and they all sulked.

"It's okay. I think I'll visit her each day to do the job and then leave like that, I can do that I think," she said, brightening up his face. She really was a responsible and great friend. Not that Ari was not, she was too. There were times when she had gone to great extents for RaIm and hence the bond they share is very strong.

"Thanks-"

"Not at all. She is my bestfriend!" She exclaimed.

"Ra Im ah, I want you to hire a cab and take her to my house. I'll give you the keys and address. Me and Hoseok can't be seen with her. I hope that's gonna be fine?" Yoongi asked.

"Of course."

She supported Ari when the latter was completely broken, she had no will to live anymore, no reason.

"I feel so bad for her," Hoseok mumbled while Yoongi just had his lips pressed in a firm line witnessing her walking so painfully.

Once they left, Yoongi and Hoseok did too. Outside they encountered camera lights flickering on their faces, mics almost stabbing their mouths.

"Where's Soo? Everyone wanna know?" Someone said but they just dodged the scene to enter into Hoseok's car and raced off to Yoongi's house.

"Hyung, I'll just go and take a look of what's happening at the dorm. Please tell me if anything happens," Hoseok said and Yoongi nodded, getting off the car and quickly entering the house. It was a house, he rarely used so no one knew about it except for a countable few.

Ra Im was seated on the couch and Ari had her head on her shoulder. The former was awkward, being at a new place but gulped that down owing to the situation at hand while Ari was totally immersed in her own thoughts. She did not even know where she was, why she was here.

His heart ached but he had to be strong to support her. He sat beside her. "You can use that room," he gestured towards the room but he didn't got any response. Her eyes were open, blinking intermittently but had no feeling, they were bleak and gloomy.

He sighed, "Ari..." He called in a soft whisper. "Look at me, please," he requested and she did. Lifted her head with great effort and finally looked at him.

As she did, her eyes refilled with tears that streamed down with no impediment. Yoongi bit his bottom lip in vexation. She wasn't sobbing or wailing, just tears raining down her face as a mute witness of her agony.

He wiped off the tears from her face. "Let's get you to that room, yeah?" He asked but she didn't respond again, just was glaring into his eyes. He placed an arm around her shoulders and another beneath her knees to lift her up effortlessly.

She was taken aback by the sudden movement but she had no response. She didn't know what to speak, maybe she had the words but she had no will.

"Open the door," he urged RaIm.

"Yep," she responded and opened the door to a medium-sized room. White walls giving off a peaceful aura and a queen-sized bed in the middle with creme bedsheets. He placed her down delicately, fearing as if she were made of glass and would break.

"I'll get something to eat," RaIm said but Yoongi didn't wanted her to just leave because Ari maybe needing her.

"I'll just ask Hoseok to bring something. Don't worry, just stay by her," he said and she complied.

"Also ask them to bring sponges, if we wanna bathe her, a sponge bath would work. And also some spare clothes. Bring some medicines that I am prescribing, multivitamins and some sedatives," she said without hesitation.

"Sedatives... Why?"

"She may be having panic attacks or sleep disruptions. We should keep them for emergency."

"Oh okay. Gimme a second. I'll just call him." He said and moved out of the room. Ari was blankly staring at the ceiling and that was paining RaIm alot. She used to be so vivacious, but now she was as if dumb and mute.

The doorbell ringed and Yoongi quickly attended it, expecting Hoseok but instead it was Taehyung and Jimin.

"Here Hyung, all that you asked for," Taehyung said handing the elder the packet.

"How's she?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi shook in head in dismay.

"Can we meet her?" Taehyung asked with pleading eyes.

"We brought her cheesecake," Jimin said, "And also the chicken soup she liked."

"You can but I don't think you would like it," he responded lowly. "She's in that room."

The two men nodded and moved with fearful steps. As they opened the door, their eyes laid on her frail figure. She did not move at all, not even her eyeballs.

"Sooshi, how are you doing?" Taehyung asked, trying his best to add that brightness in his voice. On intercepting no response, he went upto her and stood by the bedside.

"Look, you said that after the album release we will have a treat of chicken soup. I brought it for you. I am the one who keep promises, buddy," he said as tears were pooling in his eyes. He was chewing on his lips in fear that a whimper would escape.

"Oh Ari, the album went over the charts in a day, you know?" Jimin said, "Everyone loved your beatboxing. I said that you don't have to worry. You are the absolute best!"

"Sooshi? Are you hearing us?" Taehyung questioned. RaIm was struck, she could not watch her this way.

Jimin shook her a little and finally her eyes landed on the two men.

"H-Hyung," she mumbled, almost as low as a whisper. Her voice was gruff and hoarse but they were grateful they are least heard from her. Even Yoongi, who was standing by the doorframe was filled with beatitude.

"How are you feeling buddy?" Jimin asked, sitting by her side and she nodded. He caressed her hair and tucked a strand behind her ear, "Eat well. We are with you."

Yoongi was taken aback by this and he looked at Taehyung who nodded with a mild smile.

•••

(A/N: BTS=Angels)