Chapter 7

I was lying down on the bed. Reading the book made me exhausted. The book lying carelessly on the bed. I heard the door open and I tried to gain back my composure. Notably, 'tried'. And I failed as he was already by the bedside by then.

"What the fuck is this?" Yoongi mocked in disbelief picking up the book.

Fuck. Why am I so embarrassing to myself?

I sighed, "A book that tells how to be a proper man, I brought on Amazon. Don't look at me like that. Its a long story."

It was probably the few of the rare times, he smiled looking at me and I was head over heels for that. His gaze froze me literally and physically.

"What happened to you? Why do you look so pale?" He cocked his brow at me pulling me out of daze.

"N- Nothing. I- I'm just.. embarrassed and sorry." I said and he ruffled my hair. Unintentionally making my eyes widen at his little gesture of friendliness. He always seemed so distant.

"Be careful next time. It's okay. " He said.

Hello stomach, meet butterflies.

He left the room taking his headphones from the bedside table.

"Goodnight." I said.

"Night." He answered back.

I closed the light and laid back on the bed to drift off to sleep. My eyes shot open due to starvation. I looked into the clock and realised that it was 3:00 A.M.

Would I get anything at this time? Wait. I can cook!

I quickly got up, and rushed to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to see what all they had when I heard a huge gasp. I looked back and there was Jin Hyung.

"You scared me! What are you doing here?"

I bowed and expressed my sorrys. Just how many times have I already did it! He placed his hand on his chest dramatically and took in a few deep breaths. He turned back and motioned towards his room.

"Uh.. umm.." I interrupted him in his tracks.

"Wanna say something?"

"Do we have instant ramen?"

He frowned as he cocked his brow, "You shouldn't eat instant ramen at night, your face will be swollen-" his speech was halted by the sound of my desperate stomach.

"You haven't had dinner?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Move aside." He commanded and I followed. He opened the fridge again to pick out an air tight container and few more things while I was gawking. I saw him wearing the apron and I realise what he was doing, "You don't have to. I'll make something for myself." He looked up at me, gave me a reassuring smile and gestured me to sit quietly.

" He looked up at me, gave me a reassuring smile and gestured me to sit quietly

I knew I was staring but, what could I have fone in that situation. I was embarrassed and grateful. The smell of the fried rice filled the air and I was already savouring the smell.

He stopped for a second and looked up to mine drooling. He laughed off my composure. As he came near to place the dish on my table, I mouthed multiple thank yous. I was so hungry that I directly shoved a spoonful in my mouth, burning my tongue.

I yelped and he passed me the water bottle. I looked up shyly and he was laughing hysterically.

"The food isn't running away, eat slowly." I nodded, mortified. Placing a spoonful in my mouth, this time after cooling it down, my taste buds quickly captured the essence and flavour. It felt like a bomb of flavours in my mouth.

"It's so good!" I complimented, my eyes wide open due to the epiphany. He laughed a bit more, "Blue contacts look good on you."

Fuck. Did I forget placing back my contacts. Involuntarily, my finger went into my eye to check if the contact is there, and it was too late when I realised I poked mine own eye. Clumsiness at its peak.

"Ahh..." I gasped as I rushed towards the basin to pour some cold water on my eye.

"Are you ... Okay?"

"Ye" I said, still rubbing my eye and taking back my seat.

"You actually have blue eyes?"

Now, it's no use to hide, I nodded.

"You wear brown contacts?" He asked more and I nodded again.

"Why?"

"I don't like my eye color. It's similar to my mom's, it reminds me of her." This wasn't completely false, my mom had blue eyes and I had this inherited from her.

"Oh I see."

"Please don't tell anyone. I request you." He looked at me and gave me a look of confusion but then nodded, not willing to get into much details.

"How was your first day?"

"It was pretty good till I was there, but, where were you all at lunch. I was searching for you."

"We had a lunch meeting with the music directors. When we returned you weren't there."

"Y-yeah. There were some personal reasons that I had to cater urgently. I am sorry. It'll not happen again, I'll try my very best."

"It's okay. Don't hate Namjoon, he is a perfectionist and doesn't like when things don't go by plan when it's related to work and the group."

"Not at all. I really adore his perfectionism and professionalism. I respect him a lot."

He smiled as an answer as a yawn took over his expression, "I'll go and sleep. Don't be late tomorrow." I nodded and thanked him once again.