Chapter 32

ARI'S POV

"Woah, this feels so good," I remarked as the fresh night breeze entered through the window causing my hair to wipe off from my forehead. I felt breathing and it wasn't congested anymore.

"Is it okay to go about like this?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's night time. And basically everyone knows that you're staying with us. But girl, you made me so scared. For a second, I thought you died! Your skin was so pale and you were breathing so heavily. I didn't know what I should be doing. Just take care of yourself if you want to be here," he berated but it felt so warm, so pacifying.

I had always been like that and no one was there to scold me. My sense of right or wrong, totally came from my experience. People said being scolded feels bad. How? This is just care.

"I'm sorry Hyung. I'll be careful," I replied.

"You better be," he emphasized. The music was on - Symphony by Zara Larrson and Clean Bandit. One of my favourite songs, so I inadvertently started vibing with it.

As the main chorus came, I was so much into music that I had started singing along. He abruptly lowered the volume of the stereo and I could hear my voice all of a sudden, hitting the high notes.

My voice cracked at the epiphany and my eyes widened. Why do I embarrass myself everywhere?

"Why did you stop? You were singing quite good," he said, his eyes on the road.

"Thanks," I mumbled, my hands on my lap balled in a fist to keep in my embarrassment.

He changed lanes and parked the car in front of a mall like place?

"Get off," he said. I looked around confused, "Here? Why?"

"Because we are getting you clothes," he responded, keeping his face muscles stiff.

"B-But I have clothes." Honestly, No! I cannot afford this. I have zero credit, my bank balance is pathetic.

"Yeah, that one black hoodie and this tee. That's what I have seen for the past few months. And yeah, that formal white shirt."

I looked around everywhere but him. Fuck, I am so pathetic.

"Uhm... I... I-"

"I didn't ask. I am buying it for you. Return the favour once you get your paycheck."

But I never asked. And I would rather eat than waste money on these branded stuff.

"But..."

"Now what?" He hissed.

"I am not wearing... Um... My chest binder..." I mumbled and saw his eyes diverting to my chest. My cheeks were becoming redder by each passing second and I was trying to become as small as possible, almost burying myself in the carseat.

He took off his jacket and passed it to me. "You can wear this if you want but certainly, it's not needed. Nothing's visible. The T shirt is four times your size," he said and got off.

God why? How would I repay him? Well, I have to repay him for a lot more things than just the money.

I glanced at the jacket in my hands and without much of a second thought, I sniffed it. It smelled like him, like caramel but with a strong base. I saw him standing outside waiting for me. I quickly got that on me and plunged out of the car, following his lead.

He didn't do much of the selection process. Just went on, took the large sized Tees and Hoodies and placed them in the cart and I was just following him.

My eyes laid on an elegant white and black dress. I am sure this would look so pretty on Areum. I sneaked out for a little while to admire the dress. I reached for the price tag and thank God my gasp wasn't audible.

55,00,000 won?

Maybe the next time when I can afford it.

"Hey? What're you doing?" His voice resonated the empty complex.

"Y-Yes," I responded, running back to him. He literally paid for all of them without even once considering my choice. Not that I care but still.

"What are you looking? Take the bags," he ordered and I nodded picking them up. Why have so many bags? Just put all of them in one!

But I just did what I was asked, carrying ten bags. Five in each hand and then getting back to the car.

"Thank you Hyung," I bowed once I sat back and he just nodded, driving back to the dorm.

As we got back in, Tae Hyung was sitting in the living room. I don't know what he was doing, just staring at the glass of water.

"Oh, you guys went shopping?" He asked and Hyung nodded.

"Sushi, you bought Gucci? Richie rich man," he smiled proudly as if he owns Gucci.

I gave an awkward smile, "I didn't. Hyung paid for me."

His eyes widened, "Really? Hyung, me too please."

Yoongi Hyung rolled his eyes and moved straight towards the room and I followed him because that's what I do. Follow him.

I plopped down on the couch, keeping the bags on the floor itself. I did nothing but I was still tired.

"Why don't you try them?" He said. Sorry what?

I laughed a little, maybe he was joking.

"Is it funny?" He raised a brow.

"No I mean. They're just T shirts. What's there to try?" I responded, trying to toss away the suggestion.

"They're not just Tees. You haven't even seen them. At least be considerate," he shook his head in disappointment.

Ok, no matter how much I am tired. That's the last thing I wanna do to disappoint him even more. I respect him alot.

"I'll just do it," I said, getting myself up and rummaging through the bags. My eyes laid on the dress I was admiring. My heart warmed at the sight and my lips spread on its own accord.

"Hyung, this..." I blubbered and looked back at him. He was looking back but instantly broke the eyes contact when I turned. I felt it. The warm feeling.

"You were looking at it like you would eat it then, so I bought it," he shrugged.

"Yeah, I just thought to buy it for Areum," I smiled, "but it's too big for her."

"Oh, it was for her?" He questioned and I nodded.

"It's your size I suppose. Why don't you try it?" He said and I frowned. I really really wanted to but how could I? I am not Ari.

"How but?"

"You don't know how to wear a dress?"

"No I mean. I... I am right now a male..."

"You can try it once though. It's no harm. And it's just in the room," he said and he did not even realise how happy I felt in the moment.

"I can?" I asked and he nodded.

"Really? Really? I can?"

"That's what I said, I suppose?"

"Can I even do my hair that way? Can I put on a little make up? Huh? Can I?" I asked almost desperately.

I was never much into this stuff. But something about the dress made me wanna try it and flaunt it. And wear it like it should be. Make him proud that he bought it. I want to make it worth it.

He blinked couple of few times at my insistence and then just nodded. I jumped out in ecstasy, feeling happier than ever.

"Just gimme some time. Don't sleep, okay?" I said, running to the bathroom with the dress in my hand.

•••