Chapter Thirteen

The two stared at each other with hatred, everyone at the table falling silent. "So, why don't you take a seat, Seulgi?" Wendy coughed out, patting the seat next to her. Seulgi sat down, placing the coffee cups down and sliding the sugars to Wendy.

After a long, awkward silence, Seulgi decided to interrupt. "Does she have to sit with us?" Seulgi said, staring forward, not looking at Irene nor Wendy. "Do YOU have to sit here? I got here first, so take your cheap coffee and leave." Irene spat out, the two starting the argue.

Wendy just watched for a good minute before she saw the look on Seulgi's face; she looked like she was about to throw the burning hot coffee right at Irene's face.

"Why can't you both sit here? We all work together anyways!" Wendy said in a cheerful tone, trying to brighten the mood. "Because some people don't deserve to sit here, or work here." Irene said, crossing her arms and legs. Seulgi clenched the paper coffee cup, resisting the urge to throw it at Irene's bitchy face. Even Wendy was starting to get annoyed now. Irene just kept throwing wood into the fire.

"Well, you two can resolve this yourselves.. I need to check my emails." Wendy said, grabbed her coffee and sugar packets, and walked away. Irene and Seulgi just stared.

"Great, you made her leave!" Seulgi raised her voice, Irene rolling her eyes. "I got here first, YOU made her leave. If you didn't waltz over here with your messy hair and out dated 'dance attire' then maybe you wouldn't have scared her away!" Irene argued back. "Don't put the blame on me, you always do that!" Seulgi complained.

"Wouldn't have to if it wasn't your fault." Irene said, looking away.

The room filled with silence, until Seulgi interrupts, once again.

"You like her, don't you." Seulgi smirked, Irene's head darting back to give Seulgi an ugly look. "And what the hell makes you think that?" Irene asked. "You never argue over people like this. It seems you wanna be alone with her so bad, and you liking her is the only reason I can think of." Seulgi explained. Her conclusion was oh so right.

"Well you know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe I do like Wendy. So stay away from what's mine." Irene argued, admitting her feelings for Wendy. "No, you stay away from her." Seulgi jabbed her finger into Irene's chest.

"You feel the same towards her?" Irene asked. "Maybe." Seulgi admitted. Irene huffed, breaking the eye contact with Seulgi. "Like I said earlier, stay away from what's mine." Irene spat, Seulgi chucking. "Who said she's yours?" Seulgi argued.

"I took her out to eat. I let her borrow my clothes. I drive her around. I let her sleep at my place. And she likes me more than you." Irene said, a cocky expression on her face. "I've let her borrow my clothes as well. And who says she likes you more? She's more comfortable with me, she's more open with me too." Seulgi argued again, Irene rolling her eyes.

"Believe whatever lies you want, Kang. You can keep imagining a little fairy tale playing out in your head where Wendy loves you oh so much, but we all know it'll be crushed when I ask her out and she says yes." Irene smirked as she stood up and dusted off her skirt. "I've got to go talk to Wendy now, before you interrupted. Bye bye, Kang." Irene waved, flipping her hair over her shoulder and walking away.

Seulgi crushed the empty paper coffee cup, spilling a little bit onto the table.

"I'll make Wendy like me, one way or another." Seulgi whispered to herself.