Chapter Eight

Wendy speed walked down the stairs, still wearing Seulgi's shirt. She looked somewhat improper and definitely not ready to go out, but she didn't think Irene would mind. After walking some more, Wendy met face to face with Irene.

The older girl was standing in front of her practice room, tapping her feet, patiently waiting for her lunch date to arrive. "Irene!" Wendy yelled. Not loud enough for everyone in the building to hear, but loud enough to catch Irene's attention. "Hey Wendy!" Irene said happily, walking over to the end of the staircase, meeting with the brunette.

"What happened to the clothes you were wearing earlier?" Irene asked, staring Wendy up and down. From her messed up hair to her odd clothing combo of a t-shirt and business pants. "Oh, I was running so my hair got crazy and I got water on my shirt and had to change shirts.. I'm sorry if I look unprofessional!" Wendy apologized, bowing.

"Don't be sorry. But, can I ask who you got the shirt from?" Irene questioned again, Wendy nodding. "I got it from Seulgi!" Wendy said happily. "I'm lucky she had a shirt. It's a bit cold outside so I could've gotten sick if I wore a wet shirt out. Anyways, wanna go now?" Wendy asked the older girl.

"Well.. Why don't you wear one of my shirts instead?" Irene asked, blushing a bit. The truth is, she was a little jealous that Wendy was wearing Seulgi's shirt instead of her's. "I have more.. Classy and professional looking shirts. They'll match your pants! Come on, let's go." Irene said, grabbing Wendy's hand, leading her outside without explanation.

"Wait wait, where are we going?" Wendy asked, her walking coming to a pause. "My apartment of course." Irene said, almost expressionless. "Hm. Considering how popular she is, you'd think she'd have her own house by now, maybe even 2. Whatever, I'm not one to judge." Wendy thought to herself, stepping into Irene's car with her.

After driving for about 10 minutes, the pair arrived to Irene's apartment complex, and oh my god. Whoever thought an apartment complex could look so.. Classy? So rich? As soon as Irene drove to the front, guards checked her ID for identity confirmation. Then, she had to drive more and put in the code for entering the complex. Finally, after a bit more driving, they parked and walked into the main building.

Irene pressed a button combo to the elevator and stood in awkward silence with Wendy before stopping in a long hallway.

Irene led Wendy to her apartment, walking down the hallway. The floors were white, the walls a shiny black, the light from the ceiling radiating off of it.

Finally, the two arrived to Irene's apartment. Once Wendy stepped in, her jaw immediately dropped. "This place is beautiful!" Wendy complimented, flopping onto the beige colored couch. In front of the couch was a small brown coffee table on a beige carpet, matching the couch. The flooring was a pale brown wood, smooth as ever.

While Wendy was admiring the apartment, Irene was in her room, roaming her closet for a formal shirt to give to Wendy. "Hmm." Irene hummed aloud, grabbing a white lettuce hem turtle neck with long sleeves. It'd look perfect on Wendy.

"Here, try this on in the bathroom. I'll wait out here." Irene told Wendy, Wendy nodding as she entered the bathroom and trying on the shirt.

Wendy looked in the mirror, admiring herself. She never usually wore things like this, but when she did, she made sure to pull it off. After staring at herself in the mirror for about 5 minutes, she left the bathroom and returned to the living room, showing Irene her outfit.

"You look beautiful." Irene complimented, smiling softly. "Thank you.. Should we get going now?" Wendy asked, attempting to grab her phone off the couch before being pulled down. Now, Irene and Wendy were facing each other, staring into each other's brown eyes. Irene moved Wendy's brown bangs out of her eye, tucking it carefully behind her ear. "Now we can."

(✿ ♡‿♡) Author's Note ⬇️
Sorry this chapter is kinda messy! It took me about a week to try to come up with a good way to evaluate the situation of Wendy getting a new shirt, but I've done it! 😁 Spring break is over unfortunately and I only got one update in, which I'd like to apologize for. But I'll try harder in the future to update this more 🙏🏻 so please look forward to it! Adios!