Connection

"Charming.." I state looking around. "Would you be that calm if I was a actual robber?" I ask teasing. "If the robber was as unintimidating as you, I will." He smirks handsomely. My freckled cheeks turn red, "wow aren't u straightforward." I laugh, he frowns. "Sorry.. was it too straightforward?" He asks worried, "Nonono it's fine. It's funny." I insure, he smiles. I remember what he said... worried.. I turn to him. "....Does this place actually have roaches and safety hazards..?" I mutter to Alex who snickers. "Probably." He smiles as if it wasn't a problem. But it was, it was to me! I'm not about to live with roaches! "And- you're fine with that??" I ask loudly. "I mean- I lived in worse conditions" he shrugs as he picks up my luggage and brings it to my room. I curiously follow, "worst conditions?" I thinks to myself...
"Why is the only thing here a couch?" I suddenly ask picking back up my items. "Beats me, but at least it's one less thing to buy." He gestures to follow him. I comply as he leads me down a short hallway. "You'd think that since school and education is the most important thing, they would spend more money on it." Alex says, "nah this is nothing Remember highschool and middle school? Now that was low budget, the food was absolutely disgusting and they barely had enough for all the teenagers"
"Also we just got accepted to a mediocre school....down in Orlando they have therapy dogs and Starbucks IN the campus."
"Thats a thing!?" Alex exclaims loudly. "I guess so." I laugh. We stop by two rooms across from eachother. "Now that's Luxury." Alex says as he opens the door. I walk in the empty room with a single bed in it. I jump on it and fall over laying down. "Comfy!" I exclaim as he watches giggling. "Come on jump on!" He hesitates for a minute but decides to join. He jumps on the small bed, the momentum caused me to slide off, I crash onto the floor, "Oh my god! Are you okay!?" He looks down from the bed, misplacing his hand he slips and crashes on top of me.

"Owww..."

I open my eyes to see Alex on top of me, dazed from hitting his head. I stare at him until he notices he's on top of me... however, he doesn't move. He just stares at me in shock.
We both stare into eachothers eyes flushed with embarrassment..
He looks...different....
His eyes suddenly harbor a beautiful story, a story unlike any other. They twinkle with the spark of ambition and passion. My heart begins rapidly thumping.. I realize that I've been staring at him for a considerable amount of time..
"I-I'm sorry!"  I practically shriek jumping off, all he responds with is a roar of laughter. I soon follow, recalling the disaster that just took place. "I'm gonna have a huge bruise tomorrow." I say in between laughing. We sit up as the roar of laughter slowly dissipates, leaving behind soft giggling. We stop and stare at eachother for another luxurious moment. "UHM-" I loudly begin, my face displaying a red tone -clearly showing my internal feelings- as I fumble for a word to say.

......

"Your name's John Laurens.... Right?" Is all he says after a lengthy silence.... My heart flutters...
"That's a nice name!" He smiles showing his dimples. My face turn as red as a tomato. "Y-your names nice too-...." He blushes and smiles sheepishly..
"W-Well let's get unpacked while we wait for Herc and Laff." I say to insure that I won't embarrass myself again.."Ok!" He smiles as I help him up. We separate to unload our items, although I couldn't concentrate due to the thought of Alexander keeps haunting me... 

Was Laff and Herc right...?

Do I have a crush...?