35

-Evren Black-

"You look beautiful." Aster kissed my cheek as his hand slipped behind my back as I stepped from the car. I waved my dad goodbye before he drove off.

I glared at him, "I had to buy a new dress."

"You have plenty of dresses that matched the dress code." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, "Most of those dresses I told myself I would return. Procrastination kicks in at the worst times." I rolled my eyes and adjusted my weight in my flats.

He said comfortable. So I settled for a simple target dress that reached my knees and was a halter top fit. It was a bright, sunflower yellow with a little flower on the left side of my chest.

I paired the dress with some simple white flats that had little bows on them. To be honest, I felt like a little girl going to church on Sunday.

My hair was free of its usual ponytail or messy bun. The brown curls falling over my shoulders perfectly. I had a white mini purse that was hanging on my shoulder.

"So what are doing?" I looked up to Aster. Without a pair of heels or sneakers, I was exceptionally shorter. And it sort of bothered me.

I took a small step back to examine his outfit.

A navy blue polo and a light brown cargo pants. His hair was still laid messily on his head, but still overall perfect.

He whore dark colored shoes that were tied like the back of a simple corset.

"Meeting my family." He said casually, catching my attention again.

My eyes widened at his statement and I start to mutter under my breath. So much that I don't even understand.

His smile was nothing but calming. His hand came up under my chin and lifted my eyes to his.

"A-Aster, you should've told me. No- I- I don't know if—"

"Baby, it's okay! It's just close family." He smiled and kissed my head, "Just my mom, dad, grandma and pa, a few aunts and uncles. Maybe my cousins."

"Aster!" I hit his chest.

He laughed at my reaction, then pulled me in for a hug, "I promise, it'll be alright. You look great. Your personality is even better, just be yourself. They'll love you."

"You better not leave my side once today." I warn him. He laughed as a nod formed before kissing my head again. He moved lower and kissed my lips.

The action caught me off guard but the feel of him on my lips made me moan in his mouth. He pulled back with a smile.

"Ready?" His hand slipped down to my own, his fingers intertwining with mine.

I sighed and rolled my shoulders, "As I'll ever be."

He lead me in his house where groups of people were huddled around couches and tables. At least four of these groups. Big groups.

I pause in the door way, turning to Aster. He just smiled and urged me further in.

I thankfully saw his mom in the kitchen with a few other people. Aster didn't let go of my hand, only if I didn't let him.

He approached his mom, her attention turning away from the woman in front of her to us.

She did a double take, a wide smile spreading on her face when she saw me. I instantly smiled back.

"Well, well. If it isn't Ms. Evren Black! How are you sweetheart?" She hugged me. This was probably the only time I let go of Asts hand.