Chapter 4

In the room of Occult Research Club, 2 individuals were having a fierce match of chess, trying to outclass each other….well at least one of them was trying to put a fierce match.

Sona frowned after watching her childhood friend not paying enough attention to the Game.

'Clearly, she is bothered by something.' Thought Sona with a frown marring her face.

Sona was a young bespectacled woman in her late teens with a slim figure, black hair styled in a short bob cut and deep violet eyes which seemed to penetrate a person's being. She was also the 3rd most popular girl in the Kuoh Academy after Rias and Akeno Himejima.

Sona was popular for being the President of the Student Council in Kuoh Academy, but in Underworld she was known as the Heiress to the Sitri Family who were one of the most powerful family in the underworld.

They had the designation of 'Prince' in the Underworld.

"Check Mate!" declared Sona but without her usual enthusiasm for defeating her childhood friend.

Rias after her humiliating defeat finally came to her senses and frowned to show her displeasure "That was rather quick, maybe I am having a lousy day."

Sona was now getting frustrated by her friend's clumsy behavior and decided to do something about it.

"Is it Naruto Phenex-san who is eating your mind right now?" asked Sona with a raised eyebrow.

Rias's eye widened and she comically pointed at her friend and asked her rather loudly "How do you know about him?"

"It's hard to not know about him. You might not be informed about this but at present all the attention is concentrated on the Phenex Family. Their oldest son is going to be promoted to the Ultimate-Class Devil and then rumors of their youngest son to be as strong as a Satan is going around…..and finally I heard from my Sister about your impending engagement with Naruto-san….Do you want to talk about it?" Sona asked the last part wryly, since she wasn't sure that whether she would be of any help to Rias.

She wasn't exactly known for relationship advice, in fact she might be the worst person to talk about it.

"I am so glad that you asked, to tell the truth I am happy that I got rid of my engagement with Riser…."

Sona gave a nod and encouraged her to continue.

"….but I am not sure how I feel about Naruto-san. You should have seen him Sona, when I first met him we got into an altercation…..and then he proceeded to take down my Brothers Pawn and took down the entirety of my peerage within seconds like we didn't even matter." Said Rias with a worried expression, it was hard for her to forget those eyes when Naruto attacked them. They had no emotions in them whatsoever, they were chips of ice, so cold that they would freeze the underworld in a moment's notice.

Sona raised an eyebrow when she heard her friend talk about Naruto Phenex, she didn't know that Rias was responsible for the retrieval of Naruto Phenex.

'So, he is really that strong despite being the same age as us. I didn't quite believe my sister when she said that!' Sona thought with a frown.

Rias decided to continue from where she left of "…..then when he met his Parents, he was so soft and caring, I could see it in his eyes that he really loved them and he wanted to protect them no matter what happened. In the end I am still not sure whether I want to spend the rest of my life with him…Everything about him is a mystery."

Sona closed her eyes and started contemplating about the situation to help her friend and rival.

"I also have a meeting to attend today with the Phenex Family. They want to renegotiate the terms of marriage with the Gremory family. Personally, I would rather not get married, until I get to know the other participant better." Concluded Rias with a sigh.