Forty One - "He's just lucky today."

Start from the beginning

The following day, I spent my time with Pia and her family. Since her dad was a cheapskate, I introduced him to Mr. Chan, a supplier of good quality clothes in the malls. He sold outdated style clothes for fifty to ninety percent off.

I also gave him some coupons and gift cards on freebies, discounts and deals from the different supermarkets in New York. Our hotel restaurant food purchaser had a bunch of them that were not used.

Mr. Rosi seemed pleased, but he was not making it too obvious. He was still trying to humiliate me, by insisting to go to the same restaurant that we had lunch last Sunday. The Seafood Island.

He still insisted that I catch fish for our lunch. Well, I had to face the ordeal all over again.

Luckily, I came prepared. For a whole week, I had been studying the technique in fishing - watching videos, reading articles on the internet, and asking expert people how to catch fish easily.

"Aww, Kristov! I'm so proud of you," Pia hugged me when she saw the many delicious looking fish dishes served by the waiter on our table.

"You did a good job!" Divine's face brightened, "you're amazing, Kristov. Luis never caught too many fish ever before."

Luis' forehead furrowed, "stop humiliating me. He's just lucky today. Let's see next week if we won't starve."

I was holding my smile. I was actually happy that he still wanted me around next week.

After lunch, we went to an amusement park. Luis and I played many gun games, competing with each other. Most of the time, I let him win, and he knew that.

The ladies went shopping, while Luis took me to a Swedish massage. At first, I was groaning with too much pain, but after about ten minutes, I got used to it. I realized when I was in bed, ready to sleep that evening, that the massage actually helped relieve my back pain.

____

Wednesday afternoon came, and I was in my office signing documents when the door opened noisily. Dad entered with a furious expression

"So you brought your whore to the Stavrakos Hotel!" he stopped at my desk and tossed a morning paper on my desk.

I looked at the papers and saw a photo of me and Pia, leaving the hotel last Saturday at midnight.

"Don't ever call her a whore," my fist clenched, as I matched my father's rage, "she's a very respectable, kind and intelligent woman."

"HA!," his eyes widened in maddening anger, "I told you to get rid of her in a week! Fuck, why didn't you do what I said?"

"I can't let her go, dad. She means a lot to me."

"That's bullshit! What will people say when they find out that you're dating a maid! That's very humiliating to the Stavrakos name!"

"Why do we care what people say? It's none of their business what we do with our lives. Besides, what is wrong with being a maid? It's a decent job," I stood up and walked near him, "wasn't grandma once a maid also?"

I asked, referring to his mother.

His eyes instantly darkened in intense anger. I was caught off guard when he punched me on my jaw, making me spit blood on the carpeted floor.

Dammit. That was a hard blow. I wiped my lip with the back of my hand, then pressed my lower lip with my knuckle to stop bleeding.

"You shouldn't have mentioned her. You know how I hate that bitch!" he yelled at me, implying that it was my fault being hit for mentioning his mother.

"Don't ever hit me again. I swear, next time you do that, I'll forget that you're my father," I said firmly, then went back to my seat, "if you have nothing else to say, you can leave now."

"I'll leave when I'm done with you," he clasped his arms together, "I know that that woman's father is Luis Rosi, who's working for us in the Finance Department."

"Yes he is. He's been with us for too many years."

"Fuckingshit! Too many years... but he doesn't have a right to use the company's money for his personal expense. According to our external auditors, he took ten thousand dollars! For heaven's sake. Why did you ignore that? You should have terminated him right away and put him in jail!"

I exhaled heavily. So he knows, "he did not steal it, he immediately returned the money the next day. Basically, he just borrowed it. Just let it slide, it's not that much anyway."

"Idiot! It doesn't matter that he returned it. He still stole money! He's a thief!, " he exclaimed, "that girl you call your girlfriend, is the same as her father. I warned you to get rid of her, and you didn't. Now, I'll do it myself."

"Don't you ever harm Pia and her family, or you'll regret it."

"Ha-ha," he laughed aloud, "let's see if she can resist my offer."