Chapter 9 - Indian Food

Start from the beginning

Kara sighs.

"Honestly Nia, some might argue that before everything, Lena and I didn't really have any trust between us." Kara explains.

"What do you mean?" Nia questions.

Kara sighs, once more.

"Well.... previously..... I called Lena my best friend and everything.... and I spent a lot of time with her.... at her office eating lunches..... at girls' nights.... at game nights.... and doing a few other random things with her...... but I still didn't tell her everything about me..... I didn't tell her about me being Supergirl....... At first that was for obvious reasons..... but..... it soon came about me not wanting to tell her in fear of what Lena's reaction would be because I didn't tell her soon enough. Then on top of that, even though I claimed to trust her, I still had James break into her L-Corp vault to see if she had Kryptonite...... So maybe there wasn't really any trust there to begin with?" Kara says, "As honestly, the truth of the matter is, even though I knew that not telling Lena about my secret identity for so long was a bad idea, and would blow up in my face when I did tell Lena, or if she were to find out, I didn't trust Lena to be able to work through her feelings as a result of that, and come back to me."

"Okay...." Nia nods.

"But at the same time, trust is a two-way street..." Kara continues to explain, "I may have had my own trust issues, but so did Lena. Lena still hid things from me too, that maybe she shouldn't have. She wasn't obviously hiding a secret identity or anything, but she did do things which she knew I would have disapproved of and didn't tell me, because she didn't trust that we could work through things. For example, she didn't tell me, or any of us, about her karun-el experiments, and the fact she was working with Lex before her 'broke out of prison'. So, like I said, maybe there wasn't a lot of trust in our friendship in the first place."

"Okay.... but still..... you must trust each other again now? So.... how did you do it? And how can I go about doing it with Brainy?" Nia asks.

Kara sighs, for the third time, really not liking rehashing up everything between her and Lena, but she knows that her friend clearly needs her help, and advice.

"You are right Nia. Even though I say that there may not have been complete trust between Lena and I in the first place, before everything, what happened between us, really damaged, not only my trust in Lena, but hers in me." Kara explains, "I don't want to go over everything, but I feel our situations are similar, but not entirely the same. Lena and I both had our issues before everything, that played into our mistrust. Lena with her family history of people betraying her, and me, of my fear of losing Lena over her finding out my secret. You and Brainy don't have any of that to deal with. From what I can see, the mistrust between the two of you comes from what Brainy did, and him lying to you, and keeping things a secret, just because he thought it would be best for you. Which now that I'm saying that out loud, I ironically realise how similar that is to what I did with Lena, in regards to keeping my secret..... Anyway...... I know you are looking for some advice, or a solution from me for things, but honestly there isn't one. At least not one that fixes things right away. For Lena and I to get to where we are now, it required the two of us to do a lot of talking, and be willing to be vulnerable with each other again, as we both knew we could get hurt once more. Now, I can't speak for Lena. But I thought that Lena was worth it, to be vulnerable, and take the leap to begin talking with her, and rebuild our trust, even though I knew if it blew up in my face once more, it really would hurt."

"So..... you are just saying..... I need to talk to Brainy?" Nia asks.

Kara chuckles.

"I know it sounds simple, and obvious, but that is the answer to things." Kara replies, "You just need to continue to talk with each other, so you can rebuild that trust in Brainy. But more importantly, you need to tell Brainy about your feelings on the matter, and make him understand them.... Brainy is.... different from us.... and because of that he doesn't understand certain social situations.... So, it might be a bit trying for you to get him to understand.... But, from what I know, Brainy truly does care about you. So, if you just talk, and continue to do so, I think the two of you will eventually get to a better place. However, like I said earlier, it will just take time. You can't expect for things to be fixed right away, or just with one discussion."