42. day off

"Mom, kami na ni Ate Lyn ang bahala kay Niki." Bingbing said at breakfast. Although she welcomed this announcement, Maia was slightly taken aback because she would normally take Niki to preschool after bringing the elementary and middle school kids to their school. Chuck would take the high school kids with him while the eldest kids, Lynlyn and Bingbing, would ride with Ian to work.

This had been their routine since Sydney Clarice or Niki was born. Like with the twins and all her other children, Maia tried to be hands-on. As the children grew older, they learned to be responsible and caring for their other siblings. Today was the first time that Maia allowed the older children to take Niki to school.

"O, bakit ka tumayo na? Akala ko ba you're not feeling well?" Maia asked Chuck as she entered their bedroom after seeing the children off.

"Did everyone leave already?"

Maia nodded. "Oo, sina Ate na daw ang bahala kay Niki. I-t-text ko nalang si Teacher Jenna..."

"No need. I'm sure Niki will be fine..." Chuck said, taking Maia's phone from her hands and putting his arms around her.

"Anong ginagawa mo?"

"Hmm...you smell good..."

"Huh?"

Chuck started peppering Maia's neck with small kisses that sent tingles all over her body. She softly moaned and welcomed his advances. While kissing, Chuck slowly tried to unbutton Maia's blouse.

"Anong ginagawa mo?" Maia managed to say while pausing for some air, slightly protesting.

"The kids won't be home for a couple of hours." Chuck replied, peppering Maia's bare shoulder with more kisses.

"Wala kang meetings?"

"None. I took a leave. I also called the orphanage and said you'd be on leave today, too."

"Pero..."

Before Maia could continue, Chuck lifted her and carried her to the dresser where he peppered her with more kisses. Minutes later, he carried her again and brought her to the bed.

---

"Mommy..." Niki said sleepily while resting her head on Ian's shoulder.

"Hey babe!" Maia replied, caressing Niki's face. "Saan kayo galing?" Maia asked the older kids. It was already afternoon when they came home with Niki.

"Office" Lynlyn said while greeting Maia. She and Ian worked in the same building while Bingbing's office was in the next city. Niki's school was near Ian and Lynlyn's office. "Nag-text si Daddy na alagaan muna namin si Niki the whole day."

"I stayed with Kuya Nan kanina then I sleep in Ate Lynlyn's office" Niki reported. She then presented Maia with drawings she made.