29. parents

Since they arrived from Canada, Maia and Chuck moved in straight away to their new house. While they were in Canada, Chuck made arrangements with Jules and Maia's parents to pack up their things so that they would all move in at the same time.

Having lived a very simple life, Maia and her parents suddenly had to cope with 'luxury'. From doing all chores by themselves, Chuck introduced Analyn and Lando as their helpers. Nanay and Tatay slightly struggled with their new things as well, like the washing machine and smart TV. Although they already had access to the internet in their old house, they were not fully aware of its capabilities.

"Have you seen the latest episode of..." Chuck asked Nanay. It became routine for Maia and Chuck to have dinner 'over' at the smaller house. Sunday dinners were hosted by Maia and Chuck at their house.

"Ah, hindi. Yun ba yung nasa Facebook? Madalas i-share ng mga kaibigan ko..."

"Yeah...it's on Netflix..."

"Netflix?"

Chuck nodded with wiggled his eyebrows. He turned on the TV and explained the functions of the remote control. A few minutes later, he and Nanay settled down on the sofa and started an episode of a drama of Nanay's choice. This became their bonding activity. Chuck would often come by to watch a new episode with Nanay, or he'd keep her up-to-date with news about her favorite stars.

"Ano yan?" Tatay said when he arrived from work. Since they moved to a new house, Chuck helped them get a convenience store franchise which they were going to put up in the property where their previous house was.

"Netflix" Nanay replied.

"Ano?"

"Tay, Netflix. You can watch movies and series' anytime you want. Remember the movie I was talking about last week?"

"Ah, dyan ba yan?" Tatay said as he sat next to Nanay.

"Opo. Wait lang, Nay. Let's show Tatay the menu of shows..."

"O sige, dyan muna kayo at maghahain na ako ng hapunan natin."

When the main menu appeared with Chuck instructing Tatay which button to press, Tatay saw the icon for "Youtube".

"Ano naman yan? Iba pa ba yan dun sa sinasabi nyong may sine?"

"Yeah! You can also watch videos on Youtube" Chuck said. Chuck presented the other functions of the app. "....you can search for songs also...you can leave it to play music while doing other things. Ano po ba ang paborito nyong kanta?" Chuck asked.

"Ah. Teka, yung 'Eternally'...."

Chuck searched for the song and out came a list. Tatay's eyes widened. "Yan! Yan! Yung kay Englebert Humperdinck!" he exclaimed in excitement.