13 Part 4

Taehyung sent Jisoo home first with Jimin’s help.

He had no choice.. he couldn’t leave Jennie’s mother alone.. but he couldn’t ask Jisoo to stay with him in the hospital..

Jimin looked worried as he parked his car in front of Jisoo and Taehyung’s house.

“Are you okay?” he asked grabbing her by her arm before she could open the door.

Jisoo turned back to him faking a smile.

“Nothing happened to me.. of course I’m okay..” she replied unable to look into his eyes.

“You don’t have to lie to me Jisoo..” said Jimin lifting her chin so he could see her in the eye.

Her eyes were quivering.

Jisoo sighed.

“I’m just.. worried.. but at the same time.. I feel bad and-..”

“We don’t know yet Jisoo.. stop overthinking..” said Jimin patting her arm. “Everything will be fine so stop worrying about something that hasn’t even happened yet..”

Jisoo smiled hearing his comforting words.

That’s right.. why is she even thinking of it? Nothing bad should happen to Jennie.. just like what Jimin said, everything will be okay..

“Thank you..” she said looking into his eyes. “You.. are always cheering me up.. like a real friend.. thank you Jimin..”

And she went out of his car.

Jimin leaned his back against his seat.

A real friend.. it was supposed to make him happy but why did he feel his heart ache when she said those words?

———————

It was almost midnight when Taehyung came home.

He could already see from the garden that the lights inside were still turned on.

Is Jisoo not sleeping yet? Isn’t she supposed to be in their room at this time?

He pushed the door open and found her lying on the couch.. asleep.. and on top of the table.. there were two cups of tea..

She must have tried to stay awake to wait for him..

He carried her in his arms and brought her to their room where he lain her gently on bed.

She should have put on some jacket or something to cover herself.. it must have been cold sleeping in the living room..

He knelt on the floor just beside her as he held her face with a hand.

He was supposed to take her to see the fireworks tonight but he didn’t..