Just as with the room before, the girl got to work sweeping and dusting, humming as she went. Eventually, without noticing, she began to sing to herself. A short and simple song she had memorized fairly quickly. She liked how the song sounded like a lullaby. To her, it was reassuring. Warm.

"If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky...you can hide underneath me and come out at night..."

Yu paused as he heard a light voice carrying from upstairs. Was that...Elle? He slowly walked towards the lounge to listen.

"When I turn jet black, and you show off your light...I live to let you shine....I live to let you shine...."

There was a weight to those words that he didn't quite understand. It was concerning to him. Her voice was so beautiful, but so...lonely...

"But you can skyrocket away, from me...and never come back if you find another galaxy....far from here, with more room to fly...just leave me your stardust to remember you by..."

Yu stood still, worried that making the slightest noise would stop her hauntingly beautiful tune from echoing down the hall. She sounded...resigned. And alone. Her voice was so lonely. The lyrics were so lonely. She sounded...lonely.

"If you'll be my boat, I'll be your sea...the depth of pure blue just to probe curiosity..."

The ghosts poked their heads into the room, curious. They certainly didn't expect one of their guests to be female, but they supposed there were worse ways to find out than a free concert. Her voice was gentle and caring, but was tinged with sadness.

"Ebbing, and flowing, and pushed by a breeze...I live to make you free...I live to make you free..."

It was confusing. She sang the lyrics with such a warm smile, like the message was uplifting; like it was good news. Like a parent comforting a child. Surely the girl wouldn't consider being used and abandoned as a good thing? It seemed, however, that giving everything she was to someone else was normal, or even expected of her. How heartbreaking.

"But you can set sail to the west, if you want to...and pass the horizon, till I can't even see you...far from here, where the beaches are wide, just leave me your wake to remember you by..."

She finished her song with a smile, folding the fabric that was previously over the chair and placing it in the wardrobe. The ghosts slowly sank back behind the wall, deciding not to disturb the girl for the moment. Yu stole one last glance up the stairs, before making his way back into the kitchen. He hoped he would get to hear her sing again sometime.

...

Elle stilled as she heard the pattering of rain. Of course it would rain on day one. Wasn't that just her luck. She sighed, making her way down to the lounge to pick up a few of the buckets she had left earlier.
When she went downstairs, Yu was already there.

"...Looks like it's started to rain."

"Yup. And wouldn't you know it, the roof is leaky."

Elle picked the buckets up off the couch and started to place them wherever the water was dripping in, but she froze at the sound of a very familiar voice.

"GWAH! It's pouring out there!"

A certain chaos causing fire monster nearly crashed into Yu's leg, causing him to jump back, more than a little startled.

"Wah!"

"Grim? You're soaked!"

Grim burst out laughing at boy's reaction, ignoring the other ramshackle resident for now.

"Bwahaha! That look on your face is priceless! Like a bat that got blasted by a water gun! As if I wouldn't just sneak back onto campus the second I escaped pryin' eyes. You all got no idea what I'm capable of! I ain't givin' up on goin' here just 'cause I got kicked out one measly ol' time. And if you think otherwise, you don't know Grim!"